F2F & Decision Timescales

My daughter had her F2F last Thursday, 9th March - as of today the DWP are still saying they have not received the report - I will be calling Capita tomorrow to confirm whether or not it has been sent.

In the meantime I wondered at other peoples waiting times between F2F and ultimate decision
Very happy early retired Mum, surrounded by the Welsh hills, our dogs, cats, goats and poultry

:grinheart:grinheart:grinheart:grinheart

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,939 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Shecar wrote: »
    My daughter had her F2F last Thursday, 9th March - as of today the DWP are still saying they have not received the report - I will be calling Capita tomorrow to confirm whether or not it has been sent.

In the meantime I wondered at other peoples waiting times between F2F and ultimate decision
    How long is a piece of string? Decision times vary wildly from 2 to 8 weeks. Your daughters file may have gone to audit which is why it's taking longer. This can delay the process considerably.
  • Shecar
    Shecar Posts: 36 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!

Well, rang them this morning - Paperwork is still with the Assessor - I asked whether they could give me any idea of the timescale, they might as well of replied as Poppy12345 above, 'how long is a piece of string!'

Getting a little peeved tbh - You would think that the process would have timescales imposed by now :mad:

I'm thinking of applying for a job, Auditing the 'auditors!' There is obviously a vacancy! ;)
    Very happy early retired Mum, surrounded by the Welsh hills, our dogs, cats, goats and poultry

• Shecar wrote: »

Getting a little peeved tbh - You would think that the process would have timescales imposed by now.

This is the DWP that you are talking about. One of if not the most disorganised and inefficient government departments that exists.

People wait months if not years for the process to finish. A few years back I must have sent them at least a dozen letters followed up by phone calls over a 9 month period and never received a reply back from them. Then as soon as I contacted my MP within weeks I had a reply in full!!
  • NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 17 March 2017 at 4:17PM
    arenaman wrote: »
    How does the PIP system work going forward?

What I mean is my son's got an award until 2021, will he have to reapply and go through another F2F then or is it a case of us declaring nothing has changed and carry on claiming?

In light of the planned changes to PIP can the DWP ask for a reassessment or another F2F at any time they wish too?

Some information here

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/before-claiming/how-much-you-get-and-how-long/

I don't have much experience of PIP reassessments as it's still relatively new. My guess is that they will do F2Fs in most cases - hopefully, though, common sense will prevail,where it is clear conditions are unchanged - or, indeed, worse
  • NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    This person has

https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=topic&catid=10&id=108600&limitstart=0

Probably not many at the moment because of it's newness
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,939 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    arenaman wrote: »
    How does the PIP system work going forward?

What I mean is my son's got an award until 2021, will he have to reapply and go through another F2F then or is it a case of us declaring nothing has changed and carry on claiming?

In light of the planned changes to PIP can the DWP ask for a reassessment or another F2F at any time they wish too?
    I had my PIP review last year, they send out a much shortened version of the PIP2 form. There's a choice of the boxes to tick improved, stayed the same, or worse. If your condition has changed you would obviously give reasons why. The letter i had stated that there was no need to send the same evidence i sent the first time but to send more if i had it. I sent more evidence because my mobility was worse. Yes i had to have another face 2 face. Don't assume that if there's no changes they won't ask you to attend another f2f because i've heard of many people having to go at their review. There are people that lose what they've already got at the review when their condition hasn't changed so don't assume the award will just carry on. Also the award your son has till 2021 means that they'll review him again in 2020 1 year before the award is due to end.
  • Muttleythefrog
    Muttleythefrog Posts: 19,757 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Think I've posted on the other thread where I advised contacting Capita to chase up... but you've now done. I suspect this might be held for auditing.. there can be little explanation otherwise as to hold up. Also because of the details of this assessment I would take a punt that the HCP in question is either new and/or going to attract 'internal attention'.. this may be relevant to hold up.
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
  • Shecar
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Think I've posted on the other thread where I advised contacting Capita to chase up... but you've now done. I suspect this might be held for auditing.. there can be little explanation otherwise as to hold up. Also because of the details of this assessment I would take a punt that the HCP in question is either new and/or going to attract 'internal attention'.. this may be relevant to hold up.

Yes you did, I think, maybe her knowledge of my daughters condition could in fact impact on the assessment - she was extremely knowledgeable and practical about the assessment!

That would be typical ................... Assessor qualified to access .................. internal enquiry instigated!
    :rotfl:

• Shecar
    Mortgage-free Glee!

Just as an update,

F2F = 9th March
    Copy Of Assessors Report received by us 30th March (Assessors award 14 Care/16 Mobility)
    Still waiting for DWP's decision letter

• Shecar
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Just as an update,

F2F = 9th March
    Copy Of Assessors Report received by us 30th March (Assessors award 14 Care/16 Mobility)
    Still waiting for DWP's decision letter

Update:
    Advised via telephone conversation on 3rd April that the DWP had made their decision on 30th March (decision as Assessors)

So timescale is within the 3 - 4 week period of F2F

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport