Cardio equipment for a home with limited space.

2»

Comments

• elsmandino wrote: »
    Unfortunately not - we have a two year old.

It pretty much has to be housebound exercising.

I would guess 95% of the time things like that only get use for few weeks at most.

Does it take both of you to look after the child?

You would be much better off buying a good pair of trainers each and hitting the streets.
  • At home we have a Confidence Fitness Exercise Bike (£190 from Tesco) which I highly recommend. I notice that the other equipment in the same range gets good reviews. We also have kettlebells and dumbbells and this all gets used two or three times a week in winter but I combine this with running outdoors, a pilates class and a kettlercise class. I just dont have the motivation to exercise at home all the time and nothing beats running or cycling outside when you can.

Kettlercise is a fantastic workout.
  • Frudd
    Frudd Posts: 53 Forumite
    Exercise videos, tons of them in charity shops. If you have stairs you have a stepper, or run up and down them - I do that a lot when working from home, it also helps me to not put the heating on.
    £0/£2017 extra income :(
    £1070 credit card
  • indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    I agree with Frudd ^^^

No point with a step etc as you have all of the kit already at home for that.
    Get on youtube and look for some workouts you can do both cardio and body weight exercises.

I would also buy some trainers and get out and run there are 2 of you so it should be relatively easy for one of you to stay at home whilst the other one goes out for a quick 30 min run. Then you can swap babysitting duties. Loads of people I know all either run with buggies or do alternative weeks at parkrun so each does one every 2 weeks.

Not sure I would spend the money on something like a treadmill for the home.
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • Walk up and down the stairs. Then run up. Then go up two at a time. And repeat.
    No longer a spouse, or trailing, but MSE won't allow me to change my username...
  • Al1x
    Al1x Posts: 1,653 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Youtube has plenty of exercise videos, look for the body coach, hitt, 30 day shred etc. a lot of them are only 20 minutes long so easy to fit in when looking after a child. I find if I do different ones I don't get bored.
  • For cardio you really don't need that much equipment - you can do HIIT which doesn't require equipment. I would recommend the step and a skipping rope as these aren't bulky. Check out The Body Coach on YouTube - he has really good cardio workouts you can do at home.
  • The trouble with having a 2 year old, is you need to have eyes at the back of your head. They'll be up to all sorts when you least expect it .
    Make sure you have adequate room etc
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport