Kane FM - free eclectic radio stream

I just came across this amazing online radio station. It broadcasts an interesting range of reggae, old-skool dance, soul, electronica, house and random stuff.

They have different programmes for different times of day (obviously) -- I've really enjoyed the very early-morning stuff (3AM to 6AM). I'm not so into the dancey/trance stuff that's playing right now, but... it is interesting and I haven't heard it before.

Anyway, I thought it was a great find! Just thought I'd share it with you all:

http://www.kanefm.com/listen/

Does anyone else listen to online radio? I think it's a great way to discover new music (especially with Shazam on hand!). Any other recommendations?

Comments

• izzitme
    izzitme Posts: 409
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I have just discovered Jango.com

It says "Free radio with only one audio ad per day".

Huge range of stuff in different classifications. I haven't heard any ads yet.
    Going down the Oteley Road to see the Shrewsbury aces! :T
  • esuhl
    esuhl Posts: 9,409
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    izzitme wrote: »
    I have just discovered Jango.com

It says "Free radio with only one audio ad per day".

Huge range of stuff in different classifications. I haven't heard any ads yet.

Oh, cool -- thanks :-) More of a selection of shuffled playlists than actual radio, but I've found some interesting tunes already!

I just remembered using di.fm a few years ago. They have a number of radio-like channels for different genres of music. There was some great stuff, but it was a bit hit-and-miss. And I think they have adverts that you can get rid of by subscribing. (I'm sure it was a lot cheaper than £7 a month when I subscribed, though.)

http://www.di.fm/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport