Damn Lying and Unprofessional DCAs!!

I don't exactly know why I'm surprised they behave so poorly.

So, I phoned 2 DCAs for some very long outstanding debts to tell them I have just been made redundant and want to reduce direct debit to £1 a month.

The 2nd one actually said "ok, I'm just pulling up your credit file now...yep, I can see all your other payments are up to date, your gas and electric is up to date". My gas/electric isn't even on my credit file!! If I wasn't in such a rush to get off the phone I would've had a right go at him.

Gets even worse though...even after all the "are you sure you can afford this repayment plan of £1 a month" and "will you be getting any redundancy pay" and "how will you support yourself" malarkey.

15 mins after call had ended, I received a call to my mobile (a number which they were 100% not provided with) from a company telling me "we're sorry to hear of your recent credit problems, we'd like to help" then after telling them I had not given permission for my details to be passed to them, they hung up and then I received a text a couple of minutes later telling me "We're sorry that the company who phoned you couldn't help...but WE CAN!".

As if being made redundant isn't bad enough, these morons just made it worse!

Anyway, sorry for the rant! These people really annoy me!!

Comments

• marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    Hmmm I can see my British Gas account on my Noddle so maybe he could see that on one of the credit files... just a thought.
  • happy_bunny_2
    happy_bunny_2 Posts: 4,488 Forumite
    Probably just making it up. Especially with gas and electric comment.

If they searched your file, that would leave a mark.

Account owners do get a monthly feed, but it doesn't state companies etc. so they would just see utilities. Same for a credit search.

Don't ring these idiots, send everything in writing only. That way, they are much less likely to lie as you can report them to the authorities and you have evidence.

What are the debts for? How old? A CCA request might quieten the !!!!!!s down...
    :beer:
  • lvm
    lvm Posts: 1,544 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Probably just making it up. Especially with gas and electric comment.

If they searched your file, that would leave a mark.

Account owners do get a monthly feed, but it doesn't state companies etc. so they would just see utilities. Same for a credit search.

Don't ring these idiots, send everything in writing only. That way, they are much less likely to lie as you can report them to the authorities and you have evidence.

What are the debts for? How old? A CCA request might quieten the !!!!!!s down...

Old credit card debts which fall off my file in May and September. Feels like it's been forever! Will continue with the £1 a month until they fall off file then will re-evaluate and try and stop payments altogether me thinks!
  • rizla_king
    rizla_king Posts: 2,895 Forumite
    Lies and misinformation are DCAs main weapon.

Definitely. :beer: https://www.nationaldebtline.org/EW/factsheets/Pages/39%20EW%20Credit%20agreements%20-%20getting%20information/Page-04.aspx
    Still rolling rolling rolling...... :) <
    SIGNATURE - Not part of post
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family