Simply Financial

Anyone else received a phone call from this company? (no. 01463 218619)

They phoned me today saying that they are aware that I am repaying some unsecured debt. I said I didn’t know what they were talking about and hung up.

How would they have known this? I haven’t defaulted on anything and am not struggling in any way to repay the debt I do have (credit cards) on time before the high interest rates kick in.

How would they have got my details? This is the only place I have written down the details of my debt.

Confused.com

Comments

• I imagine they don't know, they are just taking a guess that you have unsecured debts, a lot of people do. They are just fishing, ignore it.
    LBM:1/1/12
    Debts @ LBM:£43,546 :eek: Debts now: £9,486 :cool: 78% PAID
    Found YNAB 1/2/14 - the best thing EVER!
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,730
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Ambassador
    How would they have got my details? This is the only place I have written down the details of my debt.

Hi,
    Companies sell on information, if you say apply for a loan, or get an insurance quote or anything like that, your details are passed on, sometimes without permission, and that's why lots of people get the "our records show you have had a non fault accident " or "our system shows that you have been refused a loan, and may need debt advice" phone calls, there all ambulance chasers of sorts, purely random don't worry, best advice, hang up !!:T
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Thanks guys! Will just put the experience down to a coincidence then.

Hopefully I won't hear from them again x
  • A weird coincidence - after I replied to you I had a call from "Fresh Start" asking for me by my first name (how rude) and saying they knew I was struggling to repay debts. Told them I had none and they said "really? Because our records show you have defaulted on a loan". Told them I hadn't and I wasn't interested.

Nonsense, of course. I have one BoS default but I wasn't telling them that. Could they have sold my details? Or one of the CRA's? Very bad if they have.
    LBM:1/1/12
    Debts @ LBM:£43,546 :eek: Debts now: £9,486 :cool: 78% PAID
    Found YNAB 1/2/14 - the best thing EVER!
  • Bloody sharks the lot of them. I looked into the company that phoned me, they basically provide dmp etc. I def do not need one of them!!x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure