anyone heard/used waeplus.co.uk (wae+) at all?

Comments

• Hello everyone,

Like many others I have been scammed into handing over my money for items that have never arrived. With it being over a month since I placed my order I was fed up and therefore requested a refund.

At this point, I would advise calling the Citizen's advice consumer helpline on 08454 04 05 06. I did so and they offered me the following advice:

Quote the following on your email as the company (WAE) were breaking the law.
    "Consumer Protection Distance Selling Regulation 2000 legislation states that a trader has up to 30 days to supply goods. If that does not happen, the trader is in breach of contract and the consumer is entitled to a full refund without question."

It has been 4 working days and miraculously, I have received one refund of the two that I requested (funny that the more expensive item hasn't been refunded). I hope this is helpful for anyone attempting to retrieve their money, and best of luck to you all.
  • Like many others i have been scammed by wae+ . And like others ishould have checked the internet first.
    i ordered on the 12/nov/12 and delivery was last monday.
    My money was taken on the first day. There was a note on their website about sorry for delay but no reason was given no date expected to arrive.
    i rang numerous times - it appears to be a recorded message- exactly the same wharever time you ring. They refer you to the fast response section You leave a message and they get back to you
    but theydont get back to you . the second message i sent said they wouldnt accept it until they answered the first but all meassages have not been replied to
    They have been reported to Trading Standards They advised me to cancel and claim the money back.
    I did this today but no message says it is cancelled just the same answer that they will get in touch with you which thewy dont
    I pressed the button to reclaim my money with the same result
    no message to acknowledge this.
    i suppose i will have to ring credit card company but according to trading standards they have to return money within 30 days.
    TONY JONES- WHAT EMAIL DID YOU SEND YOUR LETTER TO?
  • I too, though i was being scammed by WAE+, having ordered a camera for my honeymoon that never arrived. Once I returned from my honeymoon I saw the same email others have had, citing issues with the manufacturer (although I instead purchased the camera I wanted from the manufacturer...).

Having requested a refund, and plenty of emails and lengthy (and expensive) phone calls where 99% of the time I was on hold, it was well over a month before they actually refunded me ... and I believe the only reason they did so was because I reported them to ISIS, as Alexh100 above did (thank you). ISIS replied and told me that they had contacted WAE+ and asked them to resolve the issue ... 2 days later I was refunded.

Basically, if you want a refund, you're not going to get it within 30 days ... which, whilst being a pain in the proverbial, is legal. If they don't reimburse you after 30 days, I strongly suggest that you contact ISIS and lodge a formal complaint. It worked for me, however, I will NEVER be using WAE+ again.
  • Claire71uk
    Claire71uk Posts: 70 Forumite
    edited 30 May 2013 at 3:14PM
    It looks as though the lost ISIS status it's no longer on their site...or ISIS site?

So far...

I have survived 27days so far, it all started when I wanted like most a new telly.

Most competitive rate was WAE+, Amazon would not budge on price match.

The opportunity arose, and my pennies all saved. Unaware of these and many other reviews.

2nd November 2012 I placed the order, and a few hours later after the money was withdrawn from my account I got a confirmation email.

I had chosen to pay for faster delivery and anticipated its arrival very soon, but when it came to the following week nothing!

I sent a few emails - two and received a pro forma response that the courier would be I touch about delivery..that afternoon after finding tracking for my order UPS arrived and a single delivery driver dragged my Brand new 46" TV off the back of the lorry.

It had arrived with no help from WAE+

I scheduled a handyman to come and install the TV on a wall in the living room. When he arrived he told me the tv couldn't be tested or installed as there were no adapters and I didn't have any. He only charged me the call out charge £40, as he had travelled quite far, but the TV wasn't installed just in case it needed to be returned.

I reviewed the description, which has now been conveniently removed now. But I have screenshot.

As I thought, EU model that comes with adapters for use in UK.

No problem I thought .. Just contact WAE+ and they'll send one...must of been an oversight. But after many fast response requests on their own site, many emails and still nothing. I had my first WAE+ meltdown.

I suffer with Autism Spectrum Disorder and mobility issues on top of depression, anxiety and by the 20th Nov 2012, I was exhausted, adrenaline deficient and suffered communication shutdown or non-verbal stress...no longer able to speak! Mutism!

I employ a carer for support, I pay her £8.50 plus travel. Not on her regular schedule, I emailed and asked her to come over to call WAE+, and explain...after 20mins on hold as well as being 1st in line for next customer service agent. She explain my disability and the fact I could not speak, and asked why no responses had been received in over 2 weeks, 'oh, there must be a backlog' was all that was said. She requested an email to management, which surprise was supplied.

I wrote to the email address provided management@WAEplus.com and Justina Richards a managers name my PA was given.

A day later, an email response stated that my order from fast response for an adapter had been received and was being sent either that day or next? By Royal Mail to date still nothing.

So still unable to speak or call them, I again emailed this week. Again no response...so went scouting for answers, reviews anything to see if there was/is a pattern in the companies behaviour. Sadly, BIG YES.

Google search brought up terms like
    WAE+ - Scam,
    WAE+ - legit
    or WAE+ - Trading Standards.
    And so many poor reviews.

Seriously, worried I was being lumbered with a lemon TV, I contacted trading standards, who sent me to CAB and I was told to file a complaint with them and advised of my rights as a Registered Disabled Adult & Consumer Rights.

I wrote a very stern email complaint, included trading standards and the template given to me by CAB, explaining again my disability and what their avoidance was causing.

So what did they do? email me, apologise, NO?.....

they setup a collection via UPS on 29th Nov 2012, which I only found out via a cc'd email from UPS. Then a hermes email about package being sent by Ben Slater...I didn't know any Ben Slater?

Then yesterday when it was decided it would be best if I were admitted to hospital to get some rest, treatment and possibly a throat exam, tests to see if I would be permanently mute.

So I emailed UPS, and WAE+ to advise them of this. UPS told my support they could not cancel an account holders request. So, we emailed CEO and explained as of 18:19hrs last evening UPS was cancelled and sincerely apologised, and agreed WAE+ was being unreasonable.

This morning WAE+ emailed and said an adapter was being sent as of today...really left hand has no idea what right hand is doing!

Now armed with both CEO & Co Founders emails...I sent my reply, expressing my disappointment with WAE+ and the entire experience. Also, about how I felt they had treated me differently, no respected, or concern I had difficulty in contacting them or expressing myself.

A mention of their mission statement and broken customer promise of responding to email within 24hrs.

In my email I placed a link from EQUALITY Commission on how they could adapt their services to comply with regulation. Restated my consumer rights that I would not be able to test or instal tv until I returned from hospital 21st Dec 2012.

I requested the following:

Please could you tell me what steps you have taken to meet your legal duty and reasonable adjustments for disabled people in relation to services to the public.

Could you also tell me what steps you will agree to take to put right the problems I experienced.

Then this arrived.....:mad:

Date: 29 November 2012 11:35:00 GMT
    To: "Claire Will" <claire.will@xxxxx.xxx.com>
    Subject: Re: Formal Complaint: Re: return - please advise by email that this collection has been cancelled

Latest mail from her is completely unfounded and is being taken up by management has has no reliance and is being completely unreasonable

So in their last email they prove they have no respect for customers who experience something beyond their control, they have and do demeaned, ridiculed customers like me on internal emails to colleagues.

So very, very angry. Very very disappointed!

If they had collected my TV today, what chance would I have had of a refund? According to reviews, not a chance.
    Then they would have compounded the frustrating experience by sending an adapter, which is due for delivery today?

In all of this, there has NEVER been an apology, no email explaining how they expect to put things right, not even a suggestion of where to find a suitable adapter. All which would have been satisfactory in this situation ..... providing the TV is not faulty!

I'll keep all posted.

If planning to place an order, DON'T IT'S NOT WORTH IT! They're unprofessional, actively circumvent your consumer rights and discriminate against customers who experience something beyond their control.
  • Thank you to everyone who has posted comments about WAE+ and warning people not to buy from them. We signed up to Which magazine and used them through their Website, so even Which are unaware of the problem. Wish me luck in trying every avenue possible to try to get my £400.00 back.
  • Your protected under Section 75 as your purchase is clearly over £100, and your credit card company are equally liable if things go wrong.

The contract between you and WAE+ is a binding one.

Try the email contacts in my post.
  • Never never never buy from this company , I am still waiting for a refund dating back to 30th October 2012. They answer their phone one time in a hundred , they are now ignoring my messages via their laughingly called customer service quick response. Pathetic and no doubt fraudulent.
  • I order 3 lego sets on 17th November. Delivery estimate was 23-26th Nov. These dates past so I rang them. I got through after about an hour. The nice lady told me there had been an issue with stock and the order would be with me by the end of the week. It never came and I have since tried to phone them for hours over a number of days but the message just says no one is available to answer. I also emailed them last week to suggest that the one item their site now shows is out of stock is cancelled from my order and they send me the rest, but they haven't responded. I have never in 15 years of ordering on-line experienced such a poor service. I'll wait the 30 days they have to deliver then attempt to cancel. I will also be reporting them to Trading Standards, etc for what good it will do - they have obviously been getting away with this for months. I will post my progress.
  • On the 20/11/2012 I ordered a Nikon flash gun, they listed this as in stock so I ordered and paid for 1 to 3 day delivery. checking the order status daily it was listed as "waiting fulfilment" and still is.
    Realising the item was not going to arrive on time I contact customer service via there web site(fast response contact form). It took three attempts and several days to get a answer.
    They apologised for the delay and said they were having problems with deliveries from Europe (in stock item?) and would be able to deliver in the next 2 to 3 days. Order is still awaiting fulfilment.
    Yesterday via their fast response contact form I asked for my money back, no reply as yet, I will send the request at regular intervals hopefully they may answer one
  • I'VE ALSO BEEN SCAMED - Needless to say they have taken my money and I have no goods (my kids xmas pressies), and they won't provide goods or money, its a scam. I've reported them to trading standards and Watchdog. The company is based in Birmingham. Most of the reviews you read will be fake and they get as many negative reviews blocked or taken down. I've done some research and the two main directors are Ben Slater and Darren Cresswell, one born in 1983 and the other in 1987, they live at appartment 15 52 Mason Way Brindley Place Birmingham, B15 2EE. They own a few other companies, I am not going to let these conmen get away with this!A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure