Consumer Rights: MSE Article discussion (DO NOT ASK CONSUMER QUESTIONS HERE)

Comments

• Work related quiery!

Invoice dated back to 2004 only just recieved. Do we have to pay??
  • ourkidjuli wrote: »
    Work related quiery!

Invoice dated back to 2004 only just recieved. Do we have to pay??

Not sure about businesses but consumers are usually liable for payments for up to 6 years. Might be the same, might be less, might be more.
    :exclamatiTo the internet.. I need to complain about something!
  • Hello,

I work for a company that provide equipment to the film and television industry.

I ordered from a tape supplier 80 units of tape stock of which the company I ordered from ordered directly from Sony.

It turns out we ordered the wrong tape stock and we want to return them.

The company I ordered from wont allow me to return my order. They say in turn Sony wont refund them and they dont want to be stuck with 80 units.

The company I order from have sent me a 30 day invoice and it states on it that "all goods remain the property of the company until the invoice is paid in full."

We want to return our order and re order but smaller quantities, say return 70 and order 10. My supplier says no, I have to order like for like quantity.

Its worth noting here that the stock I ordered wrong is £340 per unit and the stock I need to order is £520 per unit. 80 x £340 = £27,200 and 80 x £520 is £47,600 ... thats another £20,400 !

I want to return the 80 units I ordered wrong, get a refund on the 80 units then order 10 of the correct units.

Can I do this ?

Where do I stand ?

Surely my supplier has the same rights with Sony as I have with my supplier ? i.e I return to my supplier, my supplier returns to Sony and Sony simply re sell them ... can it be that easy ?

Thank you
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 2 October 2010 at 12:16AM
    BPSUK wrote: »
    Hello,

I work for a company that provide equipment to the film and television industry.

I ordered from a tape supplier 80 units of tape stock of which the company I ordered from ordered directly from Sony.

It turns out we ordered the wrong tape stock and we want to return them.

The company I ordered from wont allow me to return my order. They say in turn Sony wont refund them and they dont want to be stuck with 80 units.

The company I order from have sent me a 30 day invoice and it states on it that "all goods remain the property of the company until the invoice is paid in full."

We want to return our order and re order but smaller quantities, say return 70 and order 10. My supplier says no, I have to order like for like quantity.

Its worth noting here that the stock I ordered wrong is £340 per unit and the stock I need to order is £520 per unit. 80 x £340 = £27,200 and 80 x £520 is £47,600 ... thats another £20,400 !

I want to return the 80 units I ordered wrong, get a refund on the 80 units then order 10 of the correct units.

Can I do this ?

Where do I stand ?

Surely my supplier has the same rights with Sony as I have with my supplier ? i.e I return to my supplier, my supplier returns to Sony and Sony simply re sell them ... can it be that easy ?

Thank you
    This is a business to business transaction.

As such you clearly do not have the protection that consumer legislation might supply.

Maybe post in The Small Biz & Charity Organisers MoneySaving Board
  • Hi.

I really hope you can help

I run a dance school with my wife. We have about 350 children attending each week. Its very new and we opend our own studio in feb this year. We had a quote from "The carpet company LTD" for a dance floor. for £2500 pounds. Which is a good price . We asked if it would be sutible for what we are using etc. Which we were reassured it would be with a 10 year guarentie.

The Floor was fitted . Its a commershal grade laminet about 10 ml thick. I first noticed that it moved when we danced on it, And about 4 weeks later some joints ( were the floor moved the most ) split. We contacted him and he said that he would relay the floor. However he said that the room needed to be warm ( it was very cold jan/feb this year) We had bought space heaters before we opend and as we teach children from 3 years the room was warm enough.

Anyhow, He visited the building and arranged to relay the floor. However never didnt i continued to ring asking for a solution and they started to blame us not having sutible heating in, saying that the floor had to be at 18 degrees the insulation wasnt sutible, it should have had underfloor heating in, ( could have told us that one before we had it fitter ). otherwise it would fail. I pushed back not knowing weather he was right or wrong, that we had bought space heaters and they are sutible, we then bought infra red heaters 4 weeks later etc. all to counter this issue with the heating in the room, The floor continued to break down and now about 60% of the joints have gone.

He still refused to replace the floor. And Eventualy i asked the Furnature ombusdman to visit the site (295 pounds) to asses the floor and see what was wrong, I have got all copys of letters and recorded deliverys . The recipt of purchase etc of contact with the floor company.

The independent offices report said in summery that the heating in the room has nothing to do with the floor failing.

It is due to the floor not being sutible, The joints ( even if layed flat ) would not be able to sustain the constant impact from dancers jumping. And thus would fail or break. the floor he fitted came under commershal office not sports dance field.

I've sent this to the floor company, by this time i have had to buy a new floor ( which is being deliverd in a few weeks) And he still is saying that its the temprature is why .

I have emails saying that he will refund the money if the officer will say that the temprature has nothing to do with it. even though he already has has. and every tiem he emails me its another attempt to drag this on

Its been 8 months now and im stuck.

I've sent my final letter demanding my money back , which he hasent reply'd to.

I need support on 2 things

1) Whats the next step. is it court. if so what are my chances of getting my 2.5K back also the other costs trying to get my money back. is ther eanother way i dont know about.

2) I really want to TELL everyone about this company, If i start a bad publicity campain, Eg all my 350 students get letters regarding his company, Posting a video of the company and floor on utube etc ( going viral) in a local manner on face book, etc will this force him to give us our money back and would it be legal , could i get our dance school into trouble.

My kids have struggled on this floor for months and its not fair they should suffer or myself because of this company.

As you can see, we've really tried to resolve the matter , but 6 months of getting no were is very frustrating.

Can you help
  • Hi can someone tell me if i'am right about this. According to the eu a guarantee in england is up to 6 years. Ive been on the eu web site and it says it But i just want someone else to back me up.

Just to make sure iam right.
    Anything would help.
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Brett35 wrote: »
    Hi can someone tell me if i'am right about this. According to the eu a guarantee in england is up to 6 years. Ive been on the eu web site and it says it But i just want someone else to back me up.

Just to make sure iam right.
    Anything would help.

It is not nearly as simple as that. If you want to start a thread about the problem you are having, we can give more detailed advice.
    Gone ... or have I?
  • dmg24 wrote: »
    It is not nearly as simple as that. If you want to start a thread about the problem you are having, we can give more detailed advice.

What details sorry iam a bit lost on here.:(
  • wealdroam wrote: »
    Write them a real letter, recorded delivery...

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=+1]LatestGreatest.co.uk Ltd
    Office 12
    1162 Stratford Road
    Birmingham
    B28 8AF
    [/SIZE][/FONT]

Tell them your problem and what you expect them to do about it.
    Ive also been having problems with this company. The DVDs I got as part of a workout package were of poor quality. The package should have weighed 2550 grams, but actually weighed 702 grams. Because of the weight difference and poor quality I felt like the goods were counterfeit. The Company latestgreatest.co.uk did not reply to my emails or telephone messages left on their so called sales line, where they promice to ring you right back - NOT. Have reported them to Solihull Trading Standards and asked NOCHEX for my money back.
  • BLACKPATCH_2
    BLACKPATCH_2 Posts: 6 Forumite
    edited 25 October 2010 at 4:32PM
    albufeira wrote: »
    I was wondering if anyone else is having problems with this web company?I bought a slendertone ladies belt from them which came in a male belt box with a"female" label stuck over it.It has never worked and despite ringing ( its always an answering machine)& e.mailing endless times no-one has come back to me at any time.Has anyone had similar experience?
    Ive also been having problems with this company. The DVDs I got as part of a workout package were of poor quality. The package should have weighed 2550 grams, but actually weighed 702 grams. Because of the weight difference and poor quality I felt like the goods were counterfeit. The Company latestgreatest.co.uk did not reply to my emails or telephone messages left on their so called sales line, where they promice to ring you right back - NOT. Have reported them to Solihull Trading Standards and asked NOCHEX for my money back.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback