The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

National Trails downloads

2»

Comments

• mooseysv
    mooseysv Posts: 10 Forumite
    Sorry if I get this wrong, it's my first time of posting after a while of lurking. . .

you can also get good walking guides from http://www.walkingworld.com/home/index.asp I've used several of their walks and they are all different levels and have good information about cafe's etc as well as a printable map. A lot of them are free but for a small subscription you can have access to all of their walks.
    £1000 in 100 days starting 22.09.08 - £176/£1000
  • mooseysv
    mooseysv Posts: 10 Forumite
    Forgot to mention you also get a 10% discount on O/S maps if you register (doesn't cost anything).
    £1000 in 100 days starting 22.09.08 - £176/£1000
  • Supoos
    Supoos Posts: 75 Forumite
    Just went to order from National trails and it has accepted order, but just to warn everyone, there will be a delay. Website is showing this message at present...
    Please accept my apologies if you are awaiting leaflets. We are experiencing some IT problems at the moment and all leaflet requests since 12 October have "gone astray". Our techie people are on the case but it may take a few days for the system to get back to normal. Please do not re-order.
  • If no-one has posted this before, check this site out for walking routes all over UK. Brilliant site.

http://www.walkingbritain.co.uk/index.php
  • When I went to download it had a virus which my McAfee managed to find and it was a "Trojan" . So beware please everyone.
  • www dot grabyourboots dot com - lots of free walking routes - choose the length of walk, then zoom in on GB map to find a suitable route.
  • If you live in Kent, this website has loads of free walking guides to download for free (inc iPhone app).

Edit: Can't post links. Google 'Explore Kent'.
  • 7ten
    7ten Posts: 33 Forumite
    I love walking. Excellent. Thank you.
  • Have a look at trekkingbritain.com I use this all the time as it has walks in The Lake District and Scotland - two of my favourite places. Great photos, and really good descriptions of the walks. It has maps for all the areas and you can print them off, or there is some techie way of taking GPS locations or something(!) I either print the map off or there is a link for the maps that cover the area. I sometimes buy these if I am going to go on more than one walk in that place. Hope this helps, especially the person who wanted something in Scotland.
  • If you're in London, the site of london tube rambles this is good. We've 'done' most of them. The directions and local information is well done.
    :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport