PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 8. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Comments

• savesummore
    savesummore Posts: 1,132 Forumite
    meow5678 wrote: »
    :wave:May I join please gang? I've been lurking for a week or so!

I'd like to lose 7lb please :)
    (I've lost 13lb so far but have started to plateau). :mad:

Is it Fridays you weigh in? M.

Well done of the weight loss so far!!! And Welcome :wave:. Weigh in day is Friday :)
    I'm new too lol. I just jumped on in there :-D

Watermelon I love this quote it makes me think of you just kicking down the 'door' to the thread and marching in :D
    sb88 wrote: »
    I'm also new to this thread! *waves at all the newbies!*

haven't heard back from interview yet, should hear tomorrow, apparently there's been a delay, and have another interview tomorrow!
    Wish one of them would give me a break! :)

I think alot of my eating is because I'm at home alot of the day and comfort eat on a night!

Good luck sb88 I have my fingers crossed for some good news for you soon- you are obviously trying very hard and you should get your rewards :)

Today:

B: 2 eggs on Toast
    S: Banana, Cherries, grapes
    L: ham and cheese salad
    S: snack a j**s
    T: HM spag bol
    O/S weight loss 2.5 /10lbs (11st 8.0- 08.02)
  • savesummore
    savesummore Posts: 1,132 Forumite
    Bad. Very Bad. Oh so bad....

I seem to have gone from being off food last week, right through having an insatiable appetite on Sunday and Monday, to be back to normal today. Didn't stop me cooking enough for an insatiable appetite and eating it all though. Two full helpings of homemade curry. I felt stuffed right before going back for seconds. I then followed it up with 2 cookies left over from when I was insatiably hungry. And 3 ritz crackers (which I bought because I needed some salt). And a chocolate mousse.

I'm so full, I won't be able to do any exercise tonight.

Someone has to put a guard dog in front of my cooker to stop me going back for seconds. The food I eat is relatively healthy, but I always go back for seconds, eat it until I can't move, regret it, tell myself never again, wash, rinse and repeat. *chaps self on wrist*

WE all have bad days- I have gone to bed before now actually so full i have felt sick :o.

Just try and learn from it but if all else fails get the guard dog and then I can borrow him from time to time :rotfl:
    O/S weight loss 2.5 /10lbs (11st 8.0- 08.02)
  • sb88_2
    sb88_2 Posts: 194 Forumite
    Thanks savesummore!
    I am applying to absolutley everything I can, taking my time and tailoring all my applications of course, yesterdays interveiw was with KFC, I know nothing fancy, but a job is a job at the moment! and they have a great training program up to management etc

I' want to set up my own business but can't without a part time job at the moment.

Just had a salad from the garden as a snack to try and keep my night time snacking down!

My goal was to have lost the 28lbs by this weekend, but I've been stuck at 14lbs :( Although i'm a bit miffed, i'm still happy with keeping the weight I've lost off. I think it's gotten to the point I need more support!
    Weightloss: 18lbs/28lbs (Start weight: 11st, Current 9st 10)
  • meow5678
    meow5678 Posts: 150 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks for such a warm welcome all :)

Must resist that red wine now or I'll undo all today's good work!
    FTB
    :A Saving for my first deposit :A
  • Rose_Wood
    Rose_Wood Posts: 867 Forumite
    Evening All

Had a day out at the local County Show today which was very nice - after we finally got there! 2 hours in traffic jams! I was very good though and just succumbed to an icecream and half a bacon sandwich. I also managed a run before we went and have had a long walk this evening.

B: 2 slices of eggy bread. Pear.
    L: Half a bacon roll. Small icecream.
    D: Sole with a lemon and pepper dusting, 1/2 jacket potato with butter, green beans and spinach with garlic, onions and cremefraiche. Iced raspberry smoothie.
    Snacks: Piece of HM date and sultana oaty slice. Shortbread finger. 1/2 small bar of dark chocolate.

Exercise: 4km run. 4 hours walking round County Show. 7 mile walk.

Rose
    Weight Loss Challenge 5/7/19 10st 6lbs
    Target 8st 12lbs

Daily Steps Challenge 16,000
    Average daily steps: January 19,317, February 19,449, March 20,330, April 22,026, May 20,412 June 15,690
  • mlarky
    mlarky Posts: 24 Forumite
    Whoop. Have managed 2 god days. (though not got to bed yet so may still go horribly wrong:rotfl:
    B - cereal, L - sandwich, apple and last piece of plum cake, D - pork chop, new potatoes and carrots + yoghurt. Snacks - 1 magnum + 1 cheese biscuit + cheese.
    Ah perhaps not as god as I thought then! But E - 1 hr in new and superswanky gym.
    Torch ceremony turned out to be quite good. Though we missed the free cake. Actually that might not be such a bad thing...
    Mlarky
  • minicooper272
    minicooper272 Posts: 2,131 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    WE all have bad days- I have gone to bed before now actually so full i have felt sick :o.

Just try and learn from it but if all else fails get the guard dog and then I can borrow him from time to time :rotfl:

Borrow him any time!

Well I think having a bit of a rant about it has gotten some of it out my system, tomorrow is a new day, and at least my leftovers are portioned up now! :j

Welcome to the newbies!!!
  • ragz_2
    ragz_2 Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I am declaring my WI today, as we have friends for dinner tonight so we will be eating late (and a lot!) and I had lost a pound when I weighed this morning! I know I am cheating but....

Didn't get time to shred yesterday, doubt I will today either though I do have yoga this morning. Had planned to jog around the field too but it's raining now :(
    June Grocery Challenge £493.33/£500 July £/£500
    2 adults, 3 teens
    Progress is easier to acheive than perfection.
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Morning everyone.

Think I'm going to have to bow out of this challenge for now, I am failing miserably at it :( I just can't seem to get a grip on my eating and things, I feel like I'm letting myself down and don't really belong on this thread at the moment :(
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
  • Need2bthrifty
    Need2bthrifty Posts: 1,463 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Morning Folks

I have to “fess up” too. I didn’t get the chance to do my shredding yesterday and my visit into town ended up having coffee, lunch and a few drinks with friends :naughty:. I may try and get two sessions in today just to try and keep on track.

Meals planned for the day =
    B – Toast, cheese spread, cucumber
    L – The Fruit Platter I didn’t have yesterday
    D - Pasta & l/o ratatouille

Welcome to all the Newbies :wave:. Good luck to everyone for the WI tomorrow, well done Ragz looks like your hard work starting to pay off. Slowlyfading – sorry you’re backing out - you did so well in the lead up to your wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure