Debt Demolisher

Options

Comments

• Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    We are right at the beginning of a long long journey too - we'll both be here patting each other on the back for making it through in the not-too-distant future I hope! It's hard when it feels such a long road (I got in a grump today about a £7 overspend, probably need to sort myself out or it's going to be a grumpy few years!) but we'll get there in the end.
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Hi TOPM

I also got in a grump with DH today as he drew out money from the ATM. It was only a small amount but I was like :mad: He needs to catch up to my way of thinking at the moment. We ended up having a few cross words over it.

I suppose old habits die hard eh.

Still a long way to go but at least we are pointed in the right direction.

We will be plodding along together and we WILL make it to the finish line
    M
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • motivated
    Options
    :hello: Had quite a productive day today managed to change most DDs. One was supposed to phone me back... still waiting. Will be onto them first thing in the morning.

Also needed a few bits of shopping today but have held out until tomorrow when DHs wages go in then I will be working from my budget and not thinking oh I'll just go shopping with the money we have saved and then I'll put it back tomorrow.

I need to keep in this habit from now on of spending money we have and not money we think we have :p

I have a top up debit card on our new account I can transfer money across to it to be used for shopping etc. The good thing about this is I will only transfer what we can afford to spend thus avoiding temptation.
    I will be at Aldi first thing armed with a shopping list of essentials only and my debit card loaded with a set amount :D

I thought I may get an email from SC today telling me everything is in place and ready to go. Maybe tomorrow, I shouldn't really be too impatient but still feeling positive about the future. Even had another CC statement come in today and I am not worried at all about it. I have contacted our creditors and so far they have been ok about our situation. Long may it continue :)
    M
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    Glad you are feeling fairly zen today. I have had a hell of a day, but trying to keep on trucking through it and not give into abandoning it all!
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • motivated
    Options
    Glad you are feeling fairly zen today. I have had a hell of a day, but trying to keep on trucking through it and not give into abandoning it all!

I've had many a day like that too. Times when you think it's never going to change or never going to get better. I have been advised by many on here to take each day as it comes and to ride with it. It WILL get better.

Keep trucking TOPM :D
    M
  • motivated
    edited 16 February 2017 at 9:17PM
    Options
    :T. Have also opened a second savings account which I can transfer money about as and when I need to.
    The first savings account is our back up money like our emergency fund. The second is for car tax and car insurance, vet bills, household goods,Christmas, Birthdays ( although we don't go overboard on these 2) and anything else we need to save up for. As I get paid monthly I can put the amounts I need in the second one and let it build throughout the year. That way I will be prepared for any unexpected bills :D

Why didn't I discover this way of thinking years ago :mad:
    M
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    It is annoying when you have those thoughts, but you didn't discover it years ago because you weren't ready to. Life unfolds in its own way.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    Good progress on the savings accounts. For the short term mine our long term savings (Christmas/birthdays/car MOT etc) is our emergency fund, but I'm hoping to change that in the not-too-distant future (although I can't imagine diverting anything from debt repayments to saving at the moment!)
  • motivated
    Options
    Hi diary world

Was up early and organised budget. Topped up Gas and Electric with funds put aside from budget just need to pay one more thing for the week and that's our budget done for the week. Even managed to transfer some to our new savings account :beer:

But I went grocery shopping to discover Aldi closed for refurb :eek:
    Ended up in Adsa which is just next door and went £20 over planned budget spend :mad: I did buy a meal for tonight for 4 people and we usually have a takeaway on a Friday which would have cost more than £20 so I suppose it's not too bad. (Trying to justify the overspend to myself)

Will adjust finances to compensate but am really annoyed at myself although I could've quite easily done more damage. Purposely steered my trolley away from the clothes and household isles :T

Need to finish changing the last of my DDs and on to tackle housework :(
    Have a good day all
    M
  • motivated
    Options
    Morning all

Managed to renew car insurance and car tax today for another year all paid for with debit card not credit card :j

Will now ensure that the funds go into our new savings account regularly to make sure we have the funds available next year.
    This organisation is so not usually us but I like it :D

Have a good weekend all

M
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills