Sygma Bank Credit Cards

Comments

• DizzleUK
    DizzleUK Posts: 569 Forumite
    jo-bo wrote: »
    i have applied today after reading this thread but they said i didnt meet their criteria. it said to check my equifax (3 searches in the last 12mths) and if i couldnt see anything on there to check n hunter and poss cifas, does this mean i should sar? please help nid :)

It wouldn't surprise me if it is because (according to your signature) you have £51,850 worth of credit agreements already! :eek: I take it you earn in excess of £100,000 a year?

I would think they reckon you have enough credit already.
    Remember this: nothing worth doing is easy.

• DizzleUK
    izools wrote: »
    Are those limits or balances in your signature?

If they're limits, then you have one HELL of a lot of credit available to you! Enough to scare off most lenders ;)

Great minds.... :p

• jo-bo
    jo-bo Posts: 390 Forumite
    ha ha, thats the limits! The annoying thing is i've closed down 5 sygma credit cards down in the last 2mths- DAYS, JJB, JJB GOLF, SILVER AND ADAMS, so thought i'd get this no probs! just wondering if its cause i'm self employed with it saying i don't meet their criteria although i got the DAYS card in march, must higher scoring criteria.
  • izools
    izools Posts: 7,513
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Chances are they have a time limit between closing accounts and being allowed to re-apply. Typically this is 6 to 18 months depending on the card company.

Those limits are still very extreme nonetheless!
    Cashback Earned ¦ Nectar Points £68 ¦ Natoinwide Select £62 ¦ Aqua Reward £100 ¦ Amex Platinum £48
  • jo-bo
    youve done well there drizzle uk to add up all my limits, i didnt ask for them and i've had them for a long, long time. if you had seen my earlier posts you would know that i had another 6 credit cards that i've closed down, however if i'm not up to my limits, never missed a payment and have shown my ability to pay, why can i not take out a new credit card? :)
  • BugsyBrowne
    BugsyBrowne Posts: 5,697 Forumite
    Jo-bo if someone asked you to borrow £50 off you then they got £5000 of notes out of there pocket would you lend them money..
  • izools
    izools Posts: 7,513
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    jo-bo wrote: »
    youve done well there drizzle uk to add up all my limits, i didnt ask for them and i've had them for a long, long time. if you had seen my earlier posts you would know that i had another 6 credit cards that i've closed down, however if i'm not up to my limits, never missed a payment and have shown my ability to pay, why can i not take out a new credit card? :)

It's very simple. You already have the facility to borrow in excess of £50,000.

Unless you can demonstrate that you can easily afford to clear debts amounting to your existing limits + the extra credit of a new card, you are considered a high risk.

Creditors will look to decline anyone with limits that add up to more than 40 to 50% of their annual income irrespective of how gleaming the other aspects of your file and application are :o
    Cashback Earned ¦ Nectar Points £68 ¦ Natoinwide Select £62 ¦ Aqua Reward £100 ¦ Amex Platinum £48
  • jo-bo
    star-fire wrote: »
    Jo-bo if someone asked you to borrow £50 off you then they got £5000 of notes out of there pocket would you lend them money..[

that makes no sense. i feel that you star-fire have a very large chip on your shoulder, i have read this thread everyday and you seem to chip in every now and then with nonsensical advice and then if someone posts something you dont agree with or gets a new card that you dont you have a very large prissy fit
  • jo-bo
    you're right izools i do but i've had these limits, as i have previously said for a very long time, the reason i posted was to ask n-i-d for help in what was quoted in the decline. i've been declined before but i've never seen a reference to cifas or n-hunter:)
  • DizzleUK
    "Drizzle" lol

From what you have added, it's got to be the fact you have just closed down some of their products. Now you have applied and been declined you'll need to wait until after Christmas at the earliest to try again.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure