MBNA - Non default of credit card

Comments

• boo_star
    boo_star Posts: 3,202
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    dumpyboy wrote: »
    Maybe the posters right you work for mbna or maybe you do not know how they operated back in the 2007 and 2009 , if you made reduced payment they never defaulted the accounts but kept showing them for ever in arrears at 6

They don't, stop being silly.
  • PeacefulWaters
    PeacefulWaters Posts: 8,495 Forumite
    dumpyboy wrote: »
    Maybe the posters right you work for mbna or maybe you do not know how they operated back in the 2007 and 2009 , if you made reduced payment they never defaulted the accounts but kept showing them for ever in arrears at 6

I've never worked for MBNA.

But you're posting incoherent twaddle.
  • I've never worked for MBNA.

But you're posting incoherent twaddle.

I think the point of it is, PeacefulWaters, is that I asked for advice and so far in your posts you haven't given any advice or made any attempt to suggest why you think MBNA are correct.

If I am wrong in what I am saying I would very much appreciate why you think MBNA are correct so I can have a better understanding rather than listen to your poor responses, so you can add to your 5 stars, so you can push your chest out just that bit further when posting.
  • dumpyboy
    dumpyboy Posts: 379 Forumite
    boo_star wrote: »
    They don't, stop being silly.

Wi can show you a experian credit report with 6 every month from July 09 to July 15 when the last payment 1000 pound cleared the account in sept 14 explain that as twaddle
  • glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    edited 16 March 2017 at 6:59PM
    Ignore all the doom merchants, write to MBNA they will more than likely back date the default, Not quite as far as I argued but they still did backdate it.
    Ive also had credit cards, loans and mortgages since, and the defaults are still on my file for a year or two yet, So write to MBNA, telling them you believe it should have been defaulted after 6 months, if you get no where go to FOS, To make it easier you could try the resolver website
  • dumpyboy
    dumpyboy Posts: 379 Forumite
    Ignore all the doom merchants, write to MBNA they will more than likely back date the default, Not quite as far as I argued but they still did backdate it.
    Ive also had credit cards, loans and mortgages since, and the defaults are still on my file for a year or two yet, So write to MBNA, telling them you believe it should have been defaulted after 6 months, if you get no where go to FOS, To make it easier you could try the resolver website

I had no luck with fos but the ico got them change ,I asked for what was above ,would not do that but like I said got the sixes changed
    To green ar changed my credit file over night ,complain and do not give up
  • dumpyboy wrote: »
    I had no luck with fos but the ico got them change ,I asked for what was above ,would not do that but like I said got the sixes changed
    To green ar changed my credit file over night ,complain and do not give up

Cheers. I am currently waiting for the FOS to pick up the case so hopefully i'll get somewhere with it.

I'll keep you posted with how I get on.
  • PeacefulWaters
    PeacefulWaters Posts: 8,495 Forumite
    I think the point of it is, PeacefulWaters, is that I asked for advice and so far in your posts you haven't given any advice or made any attempt to suggest why you think MBNA are correct.
    I stated "they can default later than they can do if they want to".
    If I am wrong in what I am saying I would very much appreciate why you think MBNA are correct
    They do not have to default you at the earliest opportunity. Others come on here complaining they were defaulted quickly. MBNA cut you some slack.
    so I can have a better understanding rather than listen to your poor responses, so you can add to your 5 stars, so you can push your chest out just that bit further when posting.
    I didn't even realise I had five stars. Silly person.
  • I stated "they can default later than they can do if they want to".

Do you honestly think not defaulting after 6 years is fair based on the guidance being 3 to 6 months.

They do not have to default you at the earliest opportunity. Others come on here complaining they were defaulted quickly. MBNA cut you some slack.

I can understand them cutting me some slack and waiting till say 9 months, but if you agree with the above whats the point of the ICO and FCA etc to back up the DPA, if the banks can just default when they please.
  • glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Cheers. I am currently waiting for the FOS to pick up the case so hopefully i'll get somewhere with it.

I'll keep you posted with how I get on.

Please do, Its annoying when people don't come back
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family