Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• izzeyb
    izzeyb Posts: 5,265 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Anyone wanting to bump a shop up in Waities, and still have the Covent Garden Soup coupons, six or seven of the soups are on My Picks.

I got Mum's paper, latte and 4 soups yesterday and paid 32p :j

Also came away with a till spit for a free 12x box of Whiskas Casserole cat food.

• curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Does anyone know if famous grouse 1 litre is picking up S £15 price please as need 2 for gifts and could add to mums yoghurt shop.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Alright, now I get to what I have found in M so far. Aussies are now off in M (I will try for lots of £2s in another store but I think it's going to be no good). The good news however is that several 1L alcohol bottles it seems have gone to decent £15 price instead of being stuck on £16 that some or many of them (or maybe others) have been on for a number of weeks recently. However - no good on Baileys £10 - I am on £15 SEL today. The offer ran precisely between the two price collections:(.

I did see it at the weekend in M as I had to make an emergency journey:(. However, as far as the price collectors are concerned, they have probably seen it is at continuous £15. I cannot count the weekend - I therefore have no awareness whatsoever that it has ever been £10.

Apart from the above, it all appears fairly static in M at present. Not much is happening today - it seems much the same as it was last Wednesday. (Until I go to another store and find they have changed everything:rotfl:.) Last night I was in doubt about whether I was even going to M today - I did a shop at A first today and that reduced the amount of time I would have available for M but, with the lack of much happening, except the alcohol bottles that were not a lengthy task and the Aussies simply being off, the time needed for the first store has been less today. I am glad I have gone to M though, as I've found the alcohol now on, and there was some Christmas music playing when I was in the early part of the store which rather made me feel happy and in the Christmas mood. I generally don't like shops at this time of year (from end of October really:rotfl:) as they are so busy and crowded - not the fact people are there but just that slows me down getting around stores (when trying to do quick shopping rather than extended price collection, and then the wait at tills and the SS) - I don't know where people are the rest of the year, they just seem to come out during the late autumn/winter months:mad:!

I saw the alcohol immediately as there was a sandwich board outside my M showing three at £15 each. Aware that my M might not have every product in the offer, I noted which three were pictured. I then saw an offer poster showing seven in the store. So the three shown outside were not all of them:(. I then found a further one on the shelves:mad:. Still not all of them - there was another poster elsewhere with more than seven on it but still not the further one on the shelf. I think I have got all of them now:rotfl:.
  • Savvybuyer
    edited 4 December 2017 at 3:30PM
    Options
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Does anyone know if famous grouse 1 litre is picking up S £15 price please as need 2 for gifts and could add to mums yoghurt shop.

If anyone is wondering, it won't be picking up M at £15 yet. As regards S, that should be more straightforward. Has it remained constantly at £15 recently there or has it just gone onto an offer? "Offer £15.00 - save £7.00." Offer on until 12/12/17. But when did it start? Msm showing it, but not apparently as an offer (no crossed out price) but as a 'regular price'. Price graph has vanished:mad::rotfl:. "Famous Grouse sainsburys.co.uk" - Google cache - £15.00 offer - save £7.00, on early hours of 3rd December morning. Should be okay. Can't see why that would fail:eek::rotfl:.

No, it should work. But I never can give any guarantee. Yeah, I'd go for it if I wanted it.:cool:

(I suppose, if worst, you are getting the Mullers free (better than!) so if it ended paying A's £18, the £3 and a bit more would be saved on the Mullers there, therefore effectively same as buying at £15 and paying 10 for £3 for the Mullers - lose the 10% except for 29p. If it ever was £21, then if it has full price in the system - I think it won't have, it's not been that online in the last day - then it would be £18.90 and A would come out cheaper than 10%. If the full price in S was actually more realistic it might have £18 vs £18 and still give some 10%. However, I don't think it's going to have that - it seems it is going to be £15 S. EDIT: I see you are buying two - so it would be a lose of £6 compared to buying in S if it failed or loss of £9 including 10%. I shouldn't worry about it - the checks suggest it will pick up £15 so it looks like it will be okay. Come on - it's not Mr T we are talking about where the items just disappear from t.com suddenly!:mad::rotfl: It's Sains. - it'll be fine:D! Won't it?)
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    If anyone is wondering, it won't be picking up M at £15 yet. As regards S, that should be more straightforward. Has it remained constantly at £15 recently there or has it just gone onto an offer? "Offer £15.00 - save £7.00." Offer on until 12/12/17. But when did it start? Msm showing it, but not apparently as an offer (no crossed out price) but as a 'regular price'. Price graph has vanished:mad::rotfl:. "Famous Grouse sainsburys.co.uk" - Google cache - £15.00 offer - save £7.00, on early hours of 3rd December morning. Should be okay. Can't see why that would fail:eek::rotfl:.

No, it should work. But I never can give any guarantee. Yeah, I'd go for it if I wanted it.:cool:

Thanks savvy.
    It's been on a couple of weeks I think.
    Or it may have been on and off.
    You know how it is. :D
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • Serendipitious
    Options
    No probs yesterday with £17 voucher.

I might put a giftcard at the front of my next shop just to bump the balance up ahead of the £19 one.

I see Propercorn has come back on COS.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Yesterdays 1stop shop receipt confirmed by CoS
    but the day before that one is stil pending.
    Thought they would have gone in order or days :eek:
    Todays offer is half price strong bow. Will give that one a miss
    Got enough cider :rotfl:
  • aallank
    aallank Posts: 2,254 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Could anyone please tell me, with COS, with ie the happy down sparkling cocktail cans, do i need to buy both flavours on one receipt or if i buy one would i still get the cash back please?
  • Savvybuyer
    edited 4 December 2017 at 3:42PM
    Options
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Thanks savvy.
    It's been on a couple of weeks I think.
    Or it may have been on and off.
    You know how it is.
    :D

I do. But it's not M either - it's static Sainsbobs website. They aren't the annoyances that T can be by going unavailable only to come back later, and they don't do this up and then down roll over price thing with their website as far as I am aware. If it's been on for a couple of weeks and is on for nearly a week more - it's constant, three weeks in total. It'll be fine - it's consistent price for the APG I would hope.

Even if on and off, and you might be joking with me there I think, it's on now at £15 and hasn't changed in price - I don't see a momentary full price for a few hours caught by the APG and then back to offer - it was £15 on 3rd December when Google caught it and if it went OOS, it's not been for 7 days so, particularly with consistent price now and then, barely 24 hours later, it will be £15 picked up. What you are worrying about? Of course I can't guarantee there won't be a temporary glitch in the system of N/A:rotfl:. However, barring all remote possibilities like that - we can't cater for everything possible that might theoretically happen but extremely likely indeed won't - I don't think there is a major problem, from what I see anyway. I don't want to guarantee it (unlike A:rotfl:), but I don't think there is much to worry about - even though the receipt entry will always have this moment of "will it or won't it work?" trepidation:eek::eek: before you then, very most probably, see it does. It has worked before, I think during this offer and nothing's changed that I can see that would say to me that that situation would be upset.
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    How do I check my registered email on the shoppix app please
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts