• Suzey
    Suzey Posts: 2,701
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Ambassador
    Thanks! How are things with you?

S

save-a-lot wrote: »
    Nice one Suze!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Savings & Investments, Small Biz MoneySaving and House Buying, Renting & Selling boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the Report button, or by e-mailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Suzey
    Ambassador
    Thanks! How far have you got with the saving? :T

Suze

cookie9 wrote: »
    Well done Suzey on reaching your target. I have a similar target so it's very motivating to see you reach your one. Good luck with house hunting!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Savings & Investments, Small Biz MoneySaving and House Buying, Renting & Selling boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the Report button, or by e-mailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Suzey
    Ambassador
    Thanks! I've been putting money away since 1998, but serious amounts only since 2001 when I got my first proper job after graduating.

Suze

dippykitty wrote: »
    Congrats, hope all the legal side of things get wrapped up asap! :D How long has it taken you to save that much?
  • dazcouz
    dazcouz Posts: 2,530 Forumite
    Well done Suzey, truely inspiring to surpass £100k. You dwarf everyone elses savings :-)
    Competion Wins 2008 - £1700 - 2009 £5300
    2010- £680
  • save-a-lot
    save-a-lot Posts: 2,809
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Suzey wrote: »
    Thanks! How are things with you?

S

All fine and dandy thanks, back to work tomorrow though after a holiday, so climb that hill tomorrow then I will be back into the swing of reality again!
  • pbw
    pbw Posts: 160 Forumite
    managed to save £620 in the month of may; again, i see my mortgage as a big savings account that is overdrawn!

£25 in hsbc RS @6.4% net,
    £303 into my mortgage reserve account,
    £25 into halifax RS @4% net,
    -£69 from nationwide RS @2% net,
    £335 paying mortgage @1.19%
    £1 mortgage overpayment @1.19%
    Round Figures OCD Club!

march 2010 end: 111k mortgage, 6k savings
    Feburary 2010 end: 111k mortgage, 6k savings
    October 2009 end: 112k mortgage, 9k savings
    September 2009 end: 113k mortgage, 8k savings
  • saver9713
    saver9713 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Forgot to do this on friday! Have managed to add an extra chunk this month so I'm up to 85% of my target.

Think I'm going to open a regular saver later in the week as a lot of my savings are languishing in a 0.5% account waiting for next years ISA.

Hope everyone is doing well!
    Member of the 'How Much Can You Save' Forum.
    Current target = £20k by 2010. Progress = 102%
  • moneymouth77
    moneymouth77 Posts: 225 Forumite
    Isn't it amazing that everyone here is trying to save, and yet, according to this article (http://money.sky.com/mp/features/news/2009/06/02/One-fifth-of-Britons-save-nothing.html), only 1/5 of Britons are actually saving? Where is everyone? Can't they see this is sensible?
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • zag2me
    zag2me Posts: 695
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Well done Suzey, I remember you posting way back in this thread and its amazing how much you have managed to save. Congrats on meeting your goal, would love to see pics of the place once you move in.

only £100 saved for me this month but managed to get a trip to Barcelona for the champions league final and plan a trip to China for the summer. All paid up now so its back to the savings again.
    Save save save!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure