Looking into a DRO

After considering a dmp it turned out i wouldn't be able to afford the monthly payments for that. The next step it was suggested i do is apply for a debt relief order. Obviously this is something i haven't taken lightly, i have researched it and read reviews etc. But i do have a couple of concerning questions if anyone can help.

1) how long does the application take once paid? I would have to forgo paying 2 monthly payments (seperate debts) in order to pay for the DRO, not something i want to do but i have no other option as literally no left over money after paying debts :/

2) what are the chances of a DRO application being rejected? Has it happened to you and if so how did you cope?

3) i read that creditors can still send bailiffs around whilst on the DRO. Is this true? We live with the inlaws, they know nothing about my debt and my husbands mum suffers from depression and is bipolar, she would go up the wall and throw me out if bailiffs turned up asking for me. So this is something i can not risk.

4) if accepted can i still pay a select few credit cards if i wish? If i can id like to at least still keep paying the minimum payment on my halifax card, because apparently they can just take money from my account if i don't.
Wins: Cushelle Koala, Mama tea bundle, coconut ice cream recipe book

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family