PPI Contact - CF Advisory

Hi

I have been contacted by CF Advisory, about enhanced searches for PPI claims, which involves me giving me money to them, then if the amount being reclaimed is over £3000 they will proceed with the claim. If it is below £300, they will refund the monies I have already given to them,

I am asking are they a legitimate company? Has anyone had any dealings with them?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    mrmp wrote: »

I am asking are they a legitimate company?

Well, they're a legitimate company, as far asny claims company can be, but it's a terrible offer.

If you have a PPI complaint, just post it yourself.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,281 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    its great for the company. A consumer would be a mug though if they used it.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,004 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I thought claims companies were not allowed to take a payment up front?.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 30 January 2018 at 11:52PM
    amersall wrote: »
    I thought claims companies were not allowed to take a payment up front?.
    Well, they can ask...
    mrmp wrote: »
    I have been contacted by CF Advisory, about enhanced searches for PPI claims
    What "enhanced" searches are they offering?
    The ones that would cost you only £10 per lender ?
    Just send a SAR letter to each Bank if you want "enhanced" search.

This company offer you nothing you could not do yourself and (mostly) for free.
  • I've had dealings with CF Advisory and all I would say is to stay well clear. They promised so much but failed miserably to deliver. I paid the £495 payment (against my better judgement). After months of inactivity, I asked for updates but things appeared to be stalling. After sending numerous emails and phone calls and getting nowhere, I decided to write a letter of complaint. That wasn't actioned despite a letter stating a resolution to the matter, I decided to post an online review basically alerting people to stay clear as they are a bunch of scammers. Recently phone them up only to find they cancelled the contract for posting the review and now I'm trying to claim back the £495 from my credit card company and also contacted the Financial Ombudsman to make an official compliant. Therefore my advice is stay well clear of CF Advisory, they re not worth the hassle.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,281 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    and now I'm trying to claim back the £495 from my credit card company and also contacted the Financial Ombudsman to make an official compliant.

The Financial Ombudsman service is only for regulated financial services companies. They do not handle complaints for claims companies.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • I contacted the Financial Ombudsman to make an official compliant.
    For Claims Companies, the correct recipient of your referred complaint should be the LEGAL OMBUDSMAN;
    http://www.legalombudsman.org.uk

I'm also not sure your credit card company will refund the fees you paid.
  • They have ceased trading since July 18, does anyone have a copy of the terms and conditions?, apparently this explains there payment structure? in order to claim back on a section 75 claim with my credit provider.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,775 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    They have ceased trading since July 18, does anyone have a copy of the terms and conditions?, apparently this explains there payment structure? in order to claim back on a section 75 claim with my credit provider.

If Google doesn't produce any old copies then you will need to use something like the internet way back machine to find old versions of their site and try and get these from there if they were archived
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    edited 9 October 2018 at 10:08AM
    This one I presume;

CF Advisory Services Limited
    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/03519310

Based in Maidenhead, provides tax consultancy.

Clearly nothing to do with a bunch of scammers operating from Swansea.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure