Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Comments

• Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    GN, it sounds like you had a very productive weekend and I would never have thought of this:
    Gave a collection of good carrier bags to the food bank box in the supermarket

I've got a stupid amount of carrier bags, a lot of which have only been used once, and I've given some to charity shops but it didn't occur to me that food banks would be able to use them.
  • My weekend wasn't very productive, though I did mow the meadow ("lawn" would imply a degree of care in its maintenance that is not present :rotfl: , it was covered by a variety of wildflowers before I took the mower to it) yesterday afternoon, as all this rain and warm has made it grow like nobody's business.

Also hacked down some stinging nettles that were taller than me :eek: but that was about all I achieved. For some reason the last three mornings I've woken up with a very achy back, no idea what that's all about.

Hoping you all have a good week :)
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,684 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Different posture and too much bending over while gardening, Ono?
    That's one of the reasons I've started Pilates sessions, when I realised that my core strength had emigrated. I was also shocked when I got to class to find out just how bad my balance had got without me realising it.
    I had a relaxing day yesterday hacking down a multitude of bushes. I know it's not for everyone but I find it very therapeutic.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Started before I did any gardening at the weekend, though I know I will feel it the next day if I've been doing a lot of manual work.

Now you have me looking for pilates classes!
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi all,

MU: I tried your grounding and it is such a surreal experience. I got to the listen for 3 things and I heard an airplane going past, ds1 tv in other room and my wall clock. I spend a lot of time in my bedroom and it wasn't until I really concentrated that I noticed my clock made an audible tick!

Lobbyludd: I'm really honoured you came out of lurking to help, thank you and big hugs :) I have to confess something here which I haven't told anyone at all. A year ago a close friend really messed me over and I cut the friendship. Since then whenever I was thinking about what happened between us the thought "I really hate her" popped into my head. Then I started muttering in outloud and then I started to mutter it whenever anything stressed me out, even stuff that was nothing to do with her. Anyway it made me feeling embarrassed that I couldn't control it, so since your post when ever I do this or any anxious thoughts start I'm doing the "stop" thing. I think I'm already doing it less :)

Last week was manageable but I did have a wobbly out in public have lunch yesterday and have been mostly in bed since then. I didn't make a show of myself or anything, but went very quiet and felt uncomfortable and basically couldn't wait to get home.

I'm going for a walk around the block in a moment so at least I can say I've been outside today (sometimes I don't leave the house for a few days)

I found an old notebook in a drawer with my measurements from 3 weeks after DD was born (18 years ago) and I'm exactly the same size to within a half inch, so a bit of diet adjustment and exercise is definitely needed :mad:

Hugs to those in need xx
  • Stupid brain. Happy with OH, but have massive crush on guy at new work.

Stupid brain.

HBS x
    "I believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another."

"It's easy to know what you're against, quite another to know what you're for."

#Bremainer
  • Lambyr
    Lambyr Posts: 437 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Thinking about E's mum as Loon has the same condition. Surgery not an option so has started chemotherapy.

Sorry to hear that, Torry. Hope things go okay.
    She would always like to say,
    Why change the past when you can own this day?
  • Gingernutty
    Gingernutty Posts: 3,769 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    You don't have a stupid brain HBS.

You luff your guy and the new guy is all new and shiny and on his best behaviour.

I've been taking the tablets for ADHD and had my first return visit.

She's impressed, but my blood pressure is high.

I need to start eating more salad.....
    :huh: Don't know what I'm doing, but doing it anyway... :huh:
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,829 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Lambyr wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that, Torry. Hope things go okay.
    It's not easy being positive. Penguin They are talking of treatment rather than cure. He is my help and support and to see him so weak is awfullly hard. End penguin
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • dekaspace
    dekaspace Posts: 5,705 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    So my appointment with hospital is in 3 weeks, anxious and looking forward to it at same time as either way will get to root of my sleep issues.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback