IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Emailing Asda to get PCN cancelled

Options
Hi all,

From Scotland first and foremost just to help with scenario. Been receiving a few parking charges now from Parking Eye, and now DRP, about the car I'm registered keeper of overstaying its stay at an Asda in Scotland. I've not contacted any of the companies about it, just sticking to the advice of safely ignoring any letters through, however after reading through threads and seeing people have emailed the Supermarkets that have the car parks, I'm just wondering what should be said in the email to get the charge cancelled and give me peace of mind. Many thanks.

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    There is no template because complaints are best written from the heart, robustly and assertively ranting about this harassment. Threaten to boycott Asda and tell them how many thousands of pounds your family spend there.

Make sure the email includes the xxxxxx/xxxxxx PCN number ref. Give them a week to cancel it, and attach receipts or bank statements as proof of regular patronage of your family has them (or if your mate down the pub does...anyone...).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • hamilton10
    Options
    Right you are mate thank you. Been scrambling around the house looking for receipts from the shopping and found a few so I'll get those scanned in, cheers.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Been receiving a few parking charges now from Parking Eye, and now DRP, about the car I'm registered keeper of overstaying its stay at an Asda in Scotland.

Is this a one-off parking charge, or are you wantonly using the Asda car park regularly for free parking while at work? If so, how many parking charges have you incurred?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,033 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    hamilton10 wrote: »
    Right you are [STRIKE]mate[/STRIKE] helpful lady, thank you.

There corrected that for you ;)
  • hamilton10
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Is this a one-off parking charge, or are you wantonly using the Asda car park regularly for free parking while at work? If so, how many parking charges have you incurred?

Apologies didn't make it clear, just the one off parking charge but received a few letters regarding that same one - reduced price, final warning etc.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 16 June 2017 at 3:49PM
    Options
    hamilton10 wrote: »
    Apologies didn't make it clear, just the one off parking charge but received a few letters regarding that same one - reduced price, final warning etc.

You can try to get an Asda cancellation - that kills it off. Or you can safely ignore provided the driver isn't identified, but it leaves you open to whatever PE decides to do (like debt collector letters) for 5 years, at which point they are statute barred from further legal proceedings in Scotland (6 years in E/W).
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport