How much to post a DVD?

Sorry if this is the wrong place...

Thinking of putting up a few DVD's on eBay and maybe Amazon, but the new postage costs are confusing me! How much is it to send a normal sized DVD case? I'm sure someone on here has sent DVD's before! :)

Comments

• Depends on what size it is. If its a single DVD movie your looking at 65p first class, maybe less. The average dvd Box set will cost £1.70 1st class if its quite thick.

hope that helps.
  • Ah thanks, I just meant a standard size DVD case.

dvd_case.jpg
  • If its under 100g in weight it will cost 44p 1st class, over 100g will be 65p 1st class.
  • ukbill69
    ukbill69 Posts: 2,789 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    A jiffy works fine. Thats what cdwow/play.com use.
    Kind Regards
    Bill
  • Thanks, I was thinking, if I was going to be selling a few, to maybe try and get hold of those cardboard DVD packages which play.com etc sometime use.
  • Yeah, but watch it, as they're a bit weighty..
    Sam
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,198 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    If its under 100g in weight it will cost 44p 1st class, over 100g will be 65p 1st class.

Unless you use my post office which insists that DVDs go as packages and therefore cost over £1 to send. Apparently a single DVD in a plain jiffy bag touches the side of the gauge and is not therefore a letter.

Sorry, regular users will know to ignore my ranting about the new postal service now and the problems I have at my local PO...

Soo
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Do you think it would be easier to post in a jiffy bag just in a post box with the required amount of stamps on? :/
  • I sent some DVDs last week and was charged 55p second class
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,198 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    marka87uk wrote:
    Do you think it would be easier to post in a jiffy bag just in a post box with the required amount of stamps on? :/

I prefer to have a certificate of posting as although I am not losing much outward mail at the moment I think DVds can be a bit tempting.

Soo
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure