Atlaschoice.com Car Hire Discount

Comments

• Well I would say you get what you pay for!
    I had one car hire with enterprise car hire via Atlas choice which was fine then 3 weeks later after my vacation I had another with Alamo via atlas but when i tuned up at the airport i apparently failed an address check even though I have no adverse credit ad have owned my home for 6 years, I offered to have my bank fax a statement but they would not accept it and just told me to call atlas.

I called atlas choice and the Customer service advisor displayed a very rude unhelpful and uncompassionate attitude, no manager or supervisor there for me to speak to nor did the advisor take my details and offer the manager call me when he becomes available, they could not transfer the booking to enterprise (as they would hire me a car) nor would they cancel my car hire with Alamo, so there I was with a 1year old, 9 year old 3 cases and a car seat stranded at the airport!

Thus my car hire for 11 days has in total cost me...
    £163.55 Paid to eRentals/atlas for original hire
    £92.56 Paid to Enterprise to get myself and daughters home
    £180.52 Paid to Enterprise for the remainder of the hire period
    A total of £463.63 compared to the original quote of £163.55!!

I am still battling for a refund of the original payment but after almost a month and a few nice and not so nice emails it doesn't look very good!
    So no I would NEVER use Atlas car hire which is also erentals car hire again!
  • dmg24 wrote: »
    I have used Atlas Choice for two car hire bookings, and one hotel. No problems at all.

I would never use this company again...I thought I was getting a good deal but when I arrived in France to pick the car up the car was an ex rental car as were all of them, the service we received from the company was 0 and then on top of all that they over charged us on our credit card and have still not received the money back.
    Atlas choice are supposed to help you liaise with the overseas agent but they have done nothing to help me.

Pay to use one of the top 5 rental companies !!
  • be very careful with this car hire firm, I just cancel my booking because of hidden charges & customers service is rubbish, not very helpful & all they want is your money, website is a mess & the my booking section 'is a joke, now they are charging me for there poor advice, the company is a joke
  • Well, I have been well and truly stung by Atlas Choice and Erentals.co.uk. But perhaps they are one and the same. Call me simple but I don't understand why in an email from Erentals I am given a number which gets me through to Atlas Choice. But when I ask about Erentals I am told that ATlas Choice has no connection with Erentals. So, trying to get my problem resolved is impossible. I have now given up trying and have lost £25 as a result. It must be nice for companies to earn £25 for providing no car hire and for delivering dreadful customer care.
  • Thanks to Erental.co.uk and Atlas Choice I am down £25. The booking was made via Erentals.co.uk but their website was playing up. When I tried to resolve the problem and phoned the number I was given I got through to Atlas Choice who denied all knowledge of Erentals. Where does one go from there? Just be advised, do not use either of these companies.
  • if you paid by credit card, phone them, they should get your money back, I have just told my credit card company what has happen & they have said they will deal with it & hope that atlaschoice will pay up, I would think they would want to keep good relations with credit card companies as most people would paid by credit cards, they have taken £40 out of my account after I gave them card details , which I would say was stealing, credit card companies would not let them get away with that, would they ????????????
  • Atlaschoice is a rental company that cannot be trusted. The company does not make necessary checks on their partner companies and does not care for the customers leaving them stranded when problems arise.
    The company ruined my recent holiday as they never held up to their part of the contract and did not deliver car rental booked a month in advance. Conveniently, customer service office is not open till 9am (UK time) which means that you are left waiting without a solution to your problem.
    Once I finally got connected with an operator, they offered no solution to the issue of the missing car, and additionally, I was informed that "I might be able to get a refund, if I write to them". That happened after the operator already failed himself to establish contact with their rental partner. I was left high and dry with no car, no money and now hours late.
    It was only down to very helpful locals who make an utmost effort in organising another car for us. Hours late by then, and even more money out of the pocket, we finally got another car. My birthday holiday was ruined for definite as we could no longer proceed with our plans.
    Refund and compensation for all inconvenience, including all additional rental costs, should be the least to be expected.
    This is by far the worst company I have ever had dealings with and I will never use it again.
    I would also advice everyone to be very cautious about making any deals with them. You will be better off using other agents with competitive prices.
  • ChukkleOdeon
    ChukkleOdeon Posts: 110 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just to add our experience using Atlas Choice - we used them to hire a car for four days in the UK, price was good and, since they're a broker, the car was supplied by Budget.

However upon returning the vehicle, Budget informed us that they needed to charge us an extra £6.29 as the 'voucher' supplied by Atlas hadn't covered the cost of the car hire or Atlas had paid them the full cost; they advised me to take it up with Atlas.

Which I did... and it was refunded to me two weeks after raising a ticket in the Atlas support centre, with constant chasing. During that period, a paper invoice came through the post from Budget and the £6.29 was for a "Road Fund Licence", which included VAT.

Not a massive amount of money to be sure but we weren't made aware of this nor did any of the confirmation emails from Atlas, make any mention of it when the booking was initially made.

It seemed primarily to me to be a matter between Atlas and Budget but I also felt fobbed off by Atlas and that they only refunded me due to constant chasing.
  • teralin
    teralin Posts: 138 Forumite
    Just my own experience of Atlas Choice. I have rented cars through them to pick up at East Midlands Airport. I book online, the voucher is emailed within minutes and the company that they use at the airport offers good quality vehicle and the staff are friendly too.

I have never had an issue that needed to be resolved so can't comment on quality of Atlas customer service.
  • Booked a car through atlas choice with travel rent.
    Travel rent are difficult to find working from a cabin the car park.
    Atlas choice take your money before you land
    Travel rent then add 50% on top inventing some local charges, this they demand in cash making it difficult to get back through your credit card company
    There is a supposed customer service route, but your complaint will not be investigated, run a search this company are infamous for this kind of robbery, (wish i had before using them)
    All travellers avoid atlas choice in every city
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport