PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Thinking of buying carpet cleaning foam being currently advertised on telly..

...and I was wondering if there is an OS way that is effective - especially for a cream/beige carpet :rolleyes:
You should never call somebody else a nerd or geek because everybody (even YOU !!!) is an
"anorak" about something whether it's trains, computers, football, shoes or celebs :p :rotfl:

Comments

• lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Not very OS but I wouldn't be without my Vax!
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • If you spilt tomato soup on a beige carpet how would you remove it? MIL has just done this to a white carpet - white carpet!!!???
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    http://cleaning.lifetips.com/cat/61155/cleaning-carpet/index.html number 2

http://www.carpetbuyershandbook.com/spotchart.htm Tomatoes also on there.

:confused: I still have no idea why people buy white carpets, it's just asking for bother, like buying white clothes when you have kids, you know something is bound to happen!
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • moggins
    moggins Posts: 5,190 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Don't buy it! I made the mistake of buying it because my cream carpet is covered in marks (it is coming up to be replaced with a laminate floor this year) it doesn't work at all!!
    Organised people are just too lazy to look for things

F U Fund currently at £250
  • Dumyat
    Dumyat Posts: 2,143 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    i tried that stuff years ago. bloody hard work....and it wasnt that great. did work well as a stain remover but other wise wouldnt bother.
    x x x
  • honey
    honey Posts: 703 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I bought some from the Good Home show after I'd seen it advertised on telly, I think it was called no wet wonder foam.

Lets just say that I couldn't get it to work anything like they did on telly :D and I bought it for our new beige carpet just in case of spills etc.
    Beige carpet + children = not a very good idea in our house :eek:
  • moggins
    moggins Posts: 5,190 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    No honey I completely agree! I would never have laid the dam thing if we weren't supposed to be selling the house. I went all house doctor and then we couldn't get the house sold in time and decided to stay here.
    Organised people are just too lazy to look for things

F U Fund currently at £250
  • jennyjelly
    jennyjelly Posts: 1,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Save your money! I bought some of this stuff off a Sky shopping channel years ago, and although it might be very good on the fresh stains they show on the ad it didn't work for us at all.

We had a really grubby looking beige carpet and spent all day cleaning it with the stupid little roller thing and it looked no different at the end.

In the end we replaced the carpet (with a dark red one - much more forgiving!) and threw the cleaner away.

For not much more that the cost of this rubbish you can hire a diy cleaning machine and do the job properly. They have them in our local Focus, and I've seen them advertised in the local free paper too.
    Oh dear, here we go again.
  • Mics_chick
    Mics_chick Posts: 12,014 Forumite
    moggins wrote:
    Don't buy it! I made the mistake of buying it because my cream carpet is covered in marks (it is coming up to be replaced with a laminate floor this year) it doesn't work at all!!

I inherited the beige carpet when I moved into house 5yrs ago and not been able to afford to replace it yet :rolleyes: I would love to put laminate down (sigh!) and hopefully some day soon that will be possible :D
    You should never call somebody else a nerd or geek because everybody (even YOU !!!) is an
    "anorak" about something whether it's trains, computers, football, shoes or celebs :p :rotfl:
  • janeym8
    janeym8 Posts: 529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    i bought some years ago as well off a well known shopping channel

yes its hard work-very hard work if you need to do a big area

it works to a degree but then makes carpet around it look grubby

it can "bleach" the carpet if used a lot on a stain-happenbed to me even after id done a spot test-think it was the continual use and it still didnt get rid of the stain

personally i wouldnt waste my money

janey xxx
    LIFE IS FOR LIVING-I`VE LEARNT THAT THE HARD WAY
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills