Thriftkitten by name NOT by nature....

Comments

• Ok quick update,
    I have typed out a voluntary termination letter to the finance company and also asking them to confirm a date and location for voluntary surrender of the car and also that I would like it in writing as well as a telephone call should that be easier. Will send off first thing tomorrow.
    Thriftkitten;)

Tesco saving stamps £13.00:T

Roadkill Rebel No.31 July2014 Treasure £1.03p :D
    August 2014
  • Just another quick update, Dolly the fiat 500 hpi finance has had her voluntary termination letter sent, they called me today and gave me a settlement figure of 3.2K which i am pleased about as I knew it was about 5.5k minus any payments made in the last year.
    Apparently I have to pay £70 for them to collect it or drive it to the nearest auction house which is in Bristol 4 hours drive for me so no choice there I suppose. I do not have to have the car serviced, only have them check it over for any damage.
    Feeling better that the car is going and that I am not having to worry re the cross over to a little banger as thats all sorted now.
    Still waiting to hear back from housing overpayment to local council landlord although when I called the lady said they are looking to make a portion of it un recoverable.... at this rate I may squeeze into the Debt relief order bracket.... however, I think now that the car is gone I will have that £170 more in my wages even though I only work 2 days per week as with DRO you can only have £50 left over per month.... pfffttt would be easier and wouldnt have to pay the OR for 3 years....:D
    Thriftkitten;)

August 2014
  • Thrift, please can you do me a favour and pop your updated SoA up, without the HP.
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • Hi still working on the new SOA, but i have a question thats been mulling over in my mind for some time.
    So I currently work for the NHS but my mum has a small shop and after having problems with a long term sick employee she has managed to let her go as she is unfit for the job. She needs help and really would like me to work for the business...... After thinking it over, I have decided that it would be best all round, what with the hospital hiking up the parking from £60 per annum to £330:eek: plus over a hundred pounds per month for petrol to get to work etc. that's without thinking about the 13 hour shift.
    However, the only thing worrying me is this bankruptcy.... my mum is a total worrier and i made a decision a long time ago that I would NOT tell her about my impending plans for bankruptcy as she would only march me down to the bank and give me a couple of grand thinking that would sort everything out..... Nice, but won't sort it completely.... What I would like to know is during Bankruptcy would my employer be informed of the process or does the OR just work on payslips????
    I'm feeling a bit stressed now about this as I would like to change my job and also help my mum by taking the worry of who she can employ, however, I do NOT want her to know about this BR. Many thanks..:o
    Thriftkitten;)

August 2014
  • The only contact that she will have is the Tax Bods informing her to put you on a Nil Tax Code, which could come about for a number of things and not just BR. One of those things could be you have paid too much tax and when you changed jobs they realised and are sorting it out ;-) . Anyhow they don't tell the employer why they have changed it and get quite p1ssy if asked as it is data protection.

So in a nutshell no it won't be a problem.
    BSCno.87
  • Oh good, I don't pay tax anyway as I don't earn enough, I try to keep my hours at about 24... thanks for that, feeling a little less worrisome now.:beer:
    Thriftkitten;)

August 2014
  • No worries my sweet. Have a good day.
    BSCno.87
  • Hi as its quiet on here at weekends I do not know if she would be informed as my employer understood my situation so already new, the only thing I thought was you will go on a zero tax code for the current tax year and if your mother does wages she may ask why. There are other reasons for applying a zero tax code, others will be able to advice better than I.
    It seem like a good plan though less stress and less costs, good luck xx
  • sorry started reply then put washing out ...you got advice before I sent mine...great news all round xx
  • Thriftkitten
    Thriftkitten Posts: 1,242 Forumite
    edited 24 September 2014 at 3:47PM
    Ok so I have now typed up my resignation letter for the hospital and have decided that although I currently work 23.5 hours @£7.25 per hour I will tell my mum that I only want to work 16 hours @ £6.50 which will mean that I qualify for working tax still and hopefully a tiny bit more housing and council tax help than what I am currently receiving.
    Will this make any difference to the OR as far as an IPA rather than what I am taking home now, or is it just a case of they leave you with £20 a month and the rest goes to the OR for 3 years regardless?
    Thriftkitten;)

August 2014
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business