IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Court claim - AM Parking via Gladstones

I have put this on the legal beagles forums but as yet have not received a response and need help, I acknowledged service online and that I would be defending the claim in full just do not know how to write it on the defence forms.

I have received a court claim from AM Parking Services claiming £217.83 stating the driver of vehicle reg number incurred the parking charges on 19.09.15 for breaching the terms of parking at the address.

The address is a block of flats where I was the tenant with a valid parking permit. I was given the permit the day I signed the tenancy with no holder provided and I can only guess that it wasn't displayed on the windscreen at the time due to moving from its place on the dashboard, the car was a convertible so is a possibility, I say guess as no ticket was left on the screen.

No notice to keeper was received.

The first I knew of this alleged contravention was when I received a letter from a solicitor in August 2016 demanding payment of I think £120 but with no evidence supplied.

I responded as I had a legal right to be parked there, rent was extortionate and included the parking bay, I said sorry this is the first I know of any contravention that I was the tenant with a valid permit and enclosed a photocopy of the permit and I hope this puts an end to it.

I have since moved house, and heard no more until a few days ago when I received the claim form.

I hope that what I have written is a valid defence against their claim.

Can anyone help? Thank you

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family