Dancing in the Rain

Comments

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 23 October 2016 at 7:36PM
    I googled champagne to see how long you can keep it. Apparently it doesn’t age. It just goes flat and acid when its too old. They say it lasts 3 years unopened. I have a bottle of pink champagne I meant to open in June when I became MF, but I was put off by the colossal £20,000 + debt that still needed paying.

I opened the champagne today. i’m forever putting off opening it and now it is 8 years old but tasted fine.

The debt is in the 16,000s and WILL be below £14,000 by the end of the year :)

I toasted my MF status and the debt reduction I have achieved so far

A lovely restful day today for me where I planned and planned and kept my eye on the prize

It’s going to be okay.:)

It is.

DIA x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • of course it is, what else can it be with all this planning and a track record of achievement
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • of course it is, what else can it be with all this planning and a track record of achievement
    Thanks for the vote of confidence INOD :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • I think you might be addicted already lol.

Congratulations on finally opening the champagne and I'm glad it was ok.

Tink xx
    As of 31st December 2018 Total Debt = £15837.59
    DEBT 1 - £41.10 DEBT 2 - £257.41 DEBT 3 - £584.12 DEBT 4 - £700.00
    DEBT 5 - £655.02 DEBT 6 - £669.18 DEBT 7 - £3448.00 DEBT 8 - £2169.12
    DEBT 9 - £2964.25 DEBT 10 - £4349.39
  • I slept poorly. My tummy was acidic and I had an awful headache. Moral of the story. If you have had champagne for 8 years throw it away.:o

I forced myself out of the door to have a walk and get some fresh air even though I felt sick.

I saw the following reductions in MnS today. They are all ok until 04/17 and these jars are good beyond that date. I also love and will reuse the jars, so I almost cleared the shelf!

Spiced chips £2 to 20p x2
    Jalepano hot sauce £2 to 10p x4
    Black bean paste £2 to 20p X8
    Creole sauce £2 to 20p X5
    Chocolate (single estate!) £2 to 25p x5

24 items @ £2 each = £48
    20 items @20p/4 items@10p TOTAL =££4.40 :T:T

I bought a leather pink journal. It’s beautiful. They couldn’t be bothered to find the price and it was the last one left so they said I could have it for £4.99!! :T:T

I practised bullet journalling in an ugly notebook, now I am ready to use the new one. Exciting! Yes Tink I am well and truly hooked and obsessed. I don’t mind really :D

So happy with my bargains today :)

Today I am thankful for:

Lovely friends
    My MnS bargains. They will jazz up all manner of future meals
    Good health (my health issues are temporary but for some people they are ever present)

I hope you too have something to be thankful for about your day too
    DIA x

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,255 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    All sounding good :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • My second day arriving home late and there being nothing to eat as I haven’t had prepping time. Yesterday I had tinned soup. Today, kippers and mushrooms at 9pm!! All I can say is, being organised makes a BIG difference to EVERYTHING. So glad tomorrow is a WFH day, so I can use my lunch break and travel time saved to cook, clean and organise. :)

Drinks after work but my boss paid so that was nice.:)

One of my trains was cancelled so a long walk home for me…Not so nice.:(

The bullet journal is helping greatly. I am more organised, I can capture random thoughts and fit them within the system and I am so happy with it. :T

One of bullet journal pages I have created is a STANDARD WORKING WEEK page. Completing this helped me realise I have been wanting study after work to be part of my working week for years now. So I acted on it…:T

There were 2 places left on a course that I have been wanting to do for 2 years. It gets booked-up very quickly and usually I don’t have the money until it is sold out. This time I paid in full today. I will be going after work once a week for 2 terms. It’s a lot of money for me but I am grateful that this year I had the money to make this possible. I now have to find a way to get there on time without asking work if I can leave early. Roll on January :)

Feeling physically tired, but mentally energised.;)

Happy hump day
    DIA x

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • WFH today. :T

On waking I began tackling the drudgery tasks:

Washing up X1 X1 X1 X1
    Brillo cleaning pot
    Washing and drying outside X1

I made 17 small and regular sized burgers (Organic beef, shiitake mushrooms, buckwheat flour, kidney beans and MnS black bean casserole paste) for freezer and fridge. They’ll do nicely cold with some veggie sticks for work lunches too. All the ingredients except the paste have lots of iron boosting qualities do I shall be making them often.:)

Spinach brown rice made and in fridge.:)

Hummus with black sesame seeds made and in fridge :)

Bought some reduced price fish from Waitr0se. Silly me. Into the bin. £2.10 wasted
    Note to self ‘don’t buy prepped veggies in plastic or fresh fish reduced EVER’ :mad:

I bought some long-life goats milk, hoping I could tolerate it. I can’t. Wasted another 83p as I threw it away. Starting to feel bad about my food wasting. :o

Puttanesca sauce made (GORGEOUS) and in fridge.:)

A NSD today at last.
    Happy Thursday people.
    DIA x

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Hi DIA. I'm so happy you bought a planner and excited to see that it is helping you already. And also well done on the course. Fingers crossed I will be starting at college on day release next month too.

Tink xx
    As of 31st December 2018 Total Debt = £15837.59
    DEBT 1 - £41.10 DEBT 2 - £257.41 DEBT 3 - £584.12 DEBT 4 - £700.00
    DEBT 5 - £655.02 DEBT 6 - £669.18 DEBT 7 - £3448.00 DEBT 8 - £2169.12
    DEBT 9 - £2964.25 DEBT 10 - £4349.39
  • A WFH day :T

Cleaned washing machine with white vinegar
    Washing-up X1 X1 X1
    2 loads of washing done and out drying

I met a friend yesterday and we had a deliciously girly time buying lipstick and then we had something to eat. We went to the Gourmet Burger Kitchen where the food was overpriced and the service was very poor. The best part of the evening was coffee afterwards in Pr3t. Money was spent, but this is a rare splurge for me and we had a lovely time overall. :)

I have begun to identify my NSDs in my journal in my monthly planner. I am going to have 4 NSDs in a row. The house and garden are complete tips again so I will concentrate on cleaning, gardening, decluttering and cooking for the next 4 days. Strangely, I am excited about it. :)

When I started this diary NSD s held a special terror for me. Now, I kind of look forward to them :rotfl:

Still loving my journal. I got a cute wipeable wallet thingy in Muji*yesterday to put my journal in as it goes everywhere with me and I’d like it to stay clean.

Happy Saturday!

DIA x

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills