Breaking Through, Travelling On

Options

Comments

• atypicalblonde
    Options
    Roll on retirement indeed KC :) My mum has CFS and it is so hard watching her struggle so much on a daily basis.

Happy cleaning ;) xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,268 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Good news on the good news :j
    OT visit was ok other than you now have to pay :mad:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Roll on retirement indeed KC :) My mum has CFS and it is so hard watching her struggle so much on a daily basis.
    Sorry to hear about your mum, ATB - a few of my clients have/have had CFS, so I do hear reports of how bad it can get :( I hope your mum can be one of the people who get a good quality remission.
    Happy cleaning ;) xx
    I look really funny :D I'm allergic to dust :eek: and the place is filthy, so I have a dust mask, builders' goggles, and my showercap pulled a la Nora Batty :rotfl:does the trick tho :D
    beanielou wrote: »
    Good news on the good news :j
    OT visit was ok other than you now have to pay :mad:
    Thanks beanie.

You have to pay now for OT!!!

:eek::eek: You know, people my age don't have it good compared to people my mum's age, but compared to people who are going to be living the majority of their adult lives under these kind of cuts in services, people my age have been really lucky already :eek:

Right, got to have a little rest before work. Hope everyone has a good afternoon.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,268 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Not for OT as such but for what they provide.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Good news from your phone interview. It's not good that you have the symptoms that you have... but at least you now know you haven't got the syndrome.

A guy I know from the cruise forums has CFS. He's still only in his 40's but he's had to be medically retired from work. He has to spend his life pacing himself. If he has a busy day, he has to spend the next few days making sure he does very little.

Hope the afternoon is going well
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Good news! I had an hour long phone interview from the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome clinic - during the course of which it became abundantly clear that I don't actually have the *syndrome*, I have the fatigue - a combination of stress and burnout.
    Not being flippant KC but a one hour phone call, whether you have the symptoms or the syndrome sounds quite onerous :eek:. I know a lovely man with CFS - in his 30's, was waiting to be a policeman, now has to use an electric chair a lot of the time :(. Dreadful disease.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Secret_Saving_Squirrel
    Options
    Glad to hear that the symptoms should pass eventually. Roll on retirement x
    Paid off mortgage nine years early in 2013. Now picking and choosing our work to fit in with the rest of our lives!
    Still thrifty though, after all these years:D
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Goldiegirl wrote: »
    Good news from your phone interview. It's not good that you have the symptoms that you have... but at least you now know you haven't got the syndrome.
    Its true, the syndrome and the symptoms are quite different.
    A guy I know from the cruise forums has CFS. He's still only in his 40's but he's had to be medically retired from work. He has to spend his life pacing himself. If he has a busy day, he has to spend the next few days making sure he does very little.
    Well, to be honest, thats what I'm like too, at the moment - the difference is that once I'm not doing work that I'm burned out at, I'll start to heal from that. I had a push on at the end of August, and its taken most of September to get back to where I was :(
    Hope the afternoon is going well
    Yes thanks, it was good! Session went well, and then I worked on the border at the front, ridiculously overgrown and completely useless to me, let alone unpleasant to look at :rotfl:
    gallygirl wrote: »
    Not being flippant KC but a one hour phone call, whether you have the symptoms or the syndrome sounds quite onerous :eek:. I know a lovely man with CFS - in his 30's, was waiting to be a policeman, now has to use an electric chair a lot of the time :(. Dreadful disease.
    Its the end of a process that started last December, Gally, don't worry, its not the only input. A series of blood tests (twice) a phone assessment, two CBT sessions, a complaint about the CBT sessions (which was upheld) a seminar from the CFS people, a feedback phone call and then this hour long phone call.

This wasn't him *telling* me - it was obvious, really, there's just been a bit of an intensification recently of symptoms I've had since I was a teenager. Plus emotional stress - my BiL's sudden death, moving house, business collapsing, operation for arthritis, breast cancer scare, my dad died, another family member had a huge problem. And I've been doing this job way too long - 25 years! Most people take on teaching or supervision to replace counselling hours after a while, its too intense on its own, but I never did that, just stuck with this very intense work that I do. Its taken its toll, thats all.

Didn't mean to make that an essay, sorry!
    Glad to hear that the symptoms should pass eventually. Roll on retirement x
    's good, innit :D Retirement is rolling right along, thanks Squirrel :T (or rather, no more therapy work - I'll be writing :) ).
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    I hear you on the emotionally draining work.

Glad you had some good news.x
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Thanks SHS :)

As a teacher, I knew you'd relate to the draining work.

Just re-read what I wrote - it sort of sounds like I'm saying teaching is less emotionally draining than what I do. Not saying that! Saying that a variety of work, even if its *all* emotionally draining, is better than a single type of work.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport