Breaking Through, Travelling On

Options

Comments

• Suffolk_lass
    Options
    Thanks KC - I was leaving for the Station to get the first train in to London before working in Coventry for the day - got back at 08:15 last night so a bit knackered. Slower day today...
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I didn't set out to confuse.....honest!!
    :kisses3:
    Repayment rates will shortly be going through the roof :D
    Thanks KC - I was leaving for the Station to get the first train in to London before working in Coventry for the day - got back at 08:15 last night so a bit knackered. Slower day today...
    :kisses3:
    Ouch, ouch, and ouch again :(

I woke a bit early myself, as I went to bed totally ker-knackered, and made a to-do list on my phone. Erm, its quite long :o though it's not all for today. Like, 25-30 items :o

Washing machine is on! Thats a start :rotfl:
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Done a few bits:

- washing machine on and finished, clothes are hanging up, but its **wet** out there.

- cooked beans that were on to soak.

- paid my TV licence, the first time in quite a few years - as I can't do much, I need the tv, to be honest, and it takes a lot of energy using DVDs and even youtube (the latter cos my interwebulator connection can be dodgy).

- new TV channels were found no problem. DVD recorder found the channels, but not the programmes :p done it twice now, updated the software (none around) ... it means I can't record anything, as I can't get the programme details! Grrr! Will wiggle the connections to ensure they're tight next ....

- opened the post, two probate cheques were there ... popped online to my bank account, and another one has gone straight in. So I can total them and distribute, thank heavens. Only the premium bonds still to come.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Good stuff that the probate things are now all coming through. I found Premium bonds paid direct - and then the letter informing me that they were going to do it arrived about 2 weeks later!:rotfl:
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Good grief! I think I may have made a mistake by telling them to leave them in the draw, but if they don't come in a month or so, I'll enquire.

My DVD recorder works :) it had reset its clock time to some time in 2006 :rotfl: and as soon as I realised and found the setup bit, it was fine :) It's taken a huge amount of time, but the recording facility is important :)
    Save
  • Betterthanever
    Options
    You're getting there, KC. It all takes time but you're definitely getting there x
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,290 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    You're getting there, KC. It all takes time but you're definitely getting there x

Agreed 100%.
    Enjoy your weekend.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Aw, thank you both! Yep, definitely getting there: this morning, I popped in to the town centre and banked all those cheques, and to be honest I've not done much else except get my diary for the next few weeks sorted.

Getting myself together a bit now and started to tidy up, it's a hard life :D
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Lots of positive stuff there KC. And yey to recording! I hate technology!!
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Thanks EG! The recording isn't going the way it used to, not right now - I used to be able to pause a recording to avoid taping the adverts, but I can't do that yet. I *can* record, so thats good :)

Tidying up not going very well either :D
    Save
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills