Opening accounts by phone on weekends

Options
Can anyone confirm whether they've been able to successfully open a current account by phone with either of Lloyds, Halifax or TSB on a Saturday or Sunday.

Comments

• jennifernil
    jennifernil Posts: 5,580 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    We did one with TSB on a Saturday.
  • jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    Is this going to be a new craze??
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you're asking specifically in regard to this weekend then it's possible that some services may be unavailable as part of the clock change process, even outside the outage times.
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,892 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    agrinnall wrote: »
    If you're asking specifically in regard to this weekend then it's possible that some services may be unavailable as part of the clock change process, even outside the outage times.

No, wasn't referring specifically, just weekends in general as I've never tried it. Didn't know whether their 'account opening team' would be available on weekends.
  • anoncol
    anoncol Posts: 982 Forumite
    Options
    Ed-1 wrote: »
    No, wasn't referring specifically, just weekends in general as I've never tried it. Didn't know whether their 'account opening team' would be available on weekends.

Most banks it's automated with out any human intervention at all so there is no team.
  • paragon909
    paragon909 Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    Options

Why dont you just call their number and see if their open lol. not exactly hard to do.

Or just open the account online.
  • Lloyds_Bank
    Lloyds_Bank Posts: 377 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Can anyone confirm whether they've been able to successfully open a current account by phone with either of Lloyds, Halifax or TSB on a Saturday or Sunday.

Hi Ed-1,

I guess this might be a little late for you now, but you can apply for an account with us by phone on a Saturday and Sunday from 8am to 6pm (0800 015 4000 / 01733 347 007).

Thanks,

Craig
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Lloyds Bank. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE[FONT=&quot].

[/FONT]The information I have provided in this post is correct as at the date of posting."
  • jamesperrett
    jamesperrett Posts: 1,009 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Last time I tried to open a Lloyds account at the weekend they refused as I already had another account with them and they would only open accounts for new customers at weekends.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure