No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries December 2016

Comments

• maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Dolly - I too am now lusting after this one :) After I decided to let my hair be just grey, I really needed to up the ante with my make up to stop me just sort of disappearing:(, I have gone a bit mad buying eye shadow palettes, but the vast majority of palettes are full of colours that I only need a tiny bit of, this one seems a lot more wearable for me. The only UD one I have is Naked Basics 2 which is lovely. Some of the better colours for me are in formulas which either make me itch after a while (Bare Minerals) or leave fallout on my face (Laura Geller):(:(
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • Ladies I've caved :(

I realised I was going to struggle without makeup remover, but maybe then this was an excuse to buy. Feeling sorry for myself as on going health issues affecting me and I had Drs today.

I went into Neals Yard and caved!
    I bought:
    Calendula cleanser
    Rosemary and cedar wood hair treatment (so not needed but smells amazing!!)
    A mini wild rose beauty balm (I had a sample of this that I loved and I somehow mental justified buying myself a mini one in a Christmas tree decoration style gift! I guess I don't have a beauty advent calendar so this can be my advent gift to myself!)
    I also got a small sample of the rose and mallow moisturiser to try

Then in Boots I picked up Boots Botanics eye makeup remover.

So that's five ins I can't afford as trying to save and don't earn a lot. Woops! I know they are all thing I will use though at least as I've used similar things up.
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Five INs and a few samples to report:
    Lush Rose Jam shower gel 250g
    Lush Stardust bath bomb
    Lush Northern Lights bath bomb
    Lush Candy Mountain Bubble Bar
    Lush Luxury Lush Pud

Samples gained:
    Lush Roots
    Lush Happy Happy Joy Joy
    Lush Cup O' Coffee
    Lush Snow Fairy
    They also sent a piece of Coalface cleanser but I've used it before and I've stopped using Lush cleansers so I won't be keeping it.
  • One UU, Superdrug Vitamin E hot cloth cleanser. WDBA, have one more in stash.

One IN, Boots Expert Hair clarifying shampoo. I always use sulphate free shampoo, but my hair has been looking a bit lank recently. I knew I needed a clarifying shampoo but they seem to be so hard to find! Eventually tracked one down in Boots.

I have a couple of items so close to being finished but have already ordered replacements, so as usual, my numbers probably won't change!
    No more goo hoarding!

2018 UU: 9 IN: 1 TA: 0 Total: 58/67
    2017 UU: 50 IN: 16 TA: 2 Total: 42/78 2016 UU: 53 IN: 17 TA: 0 Total: 36/72
    2015 UU: 74 IN: 43 TA: 3 Total: 32/64
    2014 UU: 114 IN: 67 TA: 7 Total: 38/92
  • SophieLoui23
    SophieLoui23 Posts: 198 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 5 December 2016 at 4:03PM
    Couple more freebie IN's from the magazines I bought the other day:

3.&4. L'oreal Elvive Clay Pre-Shampoo Mask samples x2

Although I used one in the shower this morning so will update PP list and sig.
  • dolly84 wrote: »
    I'm not planning to buy anything in the sales this year. I have bought from Space NK sale in the past but last year they reduced things bit by bit and they charge a right old whack for postage, so I am avoiding as they were taking the mick imo.

The sale was terrible last year. I've always splashed out each year as a way of getting good bath/body stuff for less money but I preferred it when it was 50% off from the very start. Their postage is a joke price too, almost as bad as QVC!
    Not buying unnecessary toiletries 2024 13/53 UU, 11 IN
  • Evening all, I'm in until Boxing Day:money::rotfl::money::j I usually go to Lush, its getting busier each year. Last year was the first time I ever didn't get Snow Fairy though:( I always queue at the door so am within the first 20 or so and yes it gets packed, I grab my bubble slices and am out as soon as possible. Always work out which if any boxes you might want online ready for the big day if you attempt instore!

So an IN Wilko cracked heel cream, very sore heel so need this!

UUs:
    Burt Bees Lip Balm Coconut & Pear
    Ted Baker Body souffl!
    Wilko Skin Therapy Face Wipes
    Boots Botanics All Bright Day Cream
    Debt free and busy treating myself:)

No more toiletries/make up until I've used what I've got stashed since Jan 2011, graduated October 2012. Restocked Dec 13..damn those sales
  • sstevo19
    Two UUs:

Lush Autumn Leaf bath bomb WMBA. It's a nice leafy/grassy scent. Fizzed up great
    Lush Sparkly Pumpkin bubble bar WDBA. One of my favourite Lush Halloween products.

Today is the first day of working 18 days in a row. Oh god :(
  • sstevo19
    One TA:

Batiste Dry Shampoo 50ml WNBA. I just can't get on with dry shampoos. I was having a look at my stash and I think, there's no way I'm possibly going to use this up, so out it goes.
  • A few minor UUs, all teeny sample sachets

Another elemental herbology balm cleanser, as before really like this
    An elemental herbology gel cleanser, was nice but would probably buy other ones over this like Oskia Renaissance cleaning gel
    A khiels ultra strength hand salve sachet. WDB really rich but asked for the Nuxe one for Christmas. I am about to finish another handcream then I think I only have half a body shop rose one (it is large though!) and a lot of a lush one gifted to me by sister to use up. Probably don't need one more from Santa but always useful and stash isn't huge.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure