Td direct transfer to iweb very slow

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yes but I'm not even sure its been sent as the cash is still showing in the ii account and has actually increased due to a dividend coming in. How can they claim the transfer is complete when the money is still there, apparently?
    The cash in my ISA left my ii/TDD account yesterday afternoon and is in my IG account this morning.
  • System
    Options
    JohnRo wrote: »
    My timeline for one account I moved recently (GIA)

19 Sep - IG acknowledge transfer instruction
    25 Sep - TD/II acknowledge transfer has started
    04 Oct - TD/II apologize for delay (unprompted)
    10 Oct - TD/II state transfer date agreed
    13 Oct - IG provide details of transferred assets as trades executed
    13 Oct - TD/II notification that the transfer is complete
    13 Oct - TD/II notify account closed (as requested via telephone)
    27 Nov - IG still haven't credited the transfer incentive cash bonus... 3 days to go
    I had to remind them about the transfer incentive.
  • philng
    philng Posts: 801 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can see this getting messy as iweb say they have contacted iii 3 times to chase up the transfer and iii deny receiving contact.

Now iii say they they have contacted iweb but awaiting their response.

Will give it a week before chasing or raising a formal complaint as there is no way i am paying any of the new charges at iii.
  • EdGasketTheSecond
    Options
    A family member's few trading account shares have been transferred to x-o but now appear in both the x-o trading account and ISA account i.e. doubled up! There is no sign of the bulk of the shares which were in the TD ISA, they have totally disappeared from both ends! Not happy.
  • philng
    philng Posts: 801 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Nothing surprises me. Iii advised they are receiving high numbers of transfer out requests and it seems they have not planned for this.

Iweb told me that they are receiving high numbers of transfer in requests from iii.

All as a result of the changes in charges at iii.
  • bowlhead99
    bowlhead99 Posts: 12,295 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Post of the Month
    Options
    bowlhead99 wrote: »
    I am moving one of my ex TD accounts to Youinvest. Like you I had that email soon after I had the confirmation from the transferee broker that they had received my request.

That was 6 November ; this week 22 November I had a confirmation from TD/ii that 'the following securities have been transferred' ; the item listed was just my nominal amount of cash, £30 or so. As of earlier this week (ii website offline today) the cash was still showing on the ii account while as of today the cash isn't showing in my Youinvest account.

But as you say, it's not 6 weeks yet so I will wait and see what happens to the rest and when.
    As an update, the cash appeared in my transferee account on Monday 28th and the rest of the holdings were visible on Tues 29th and no longer show at TD/ii. So timescale was 3-4 weeks all in, well within the 'usually within 6 weeks but could be longer'.

All the assets were UK listed investment trusts / investment companies though, no open ended funds (and no issues with share classes not being available at the transferee etc.).
  • EdGasketTheSecond
    Options
    Was that an ISA or trading account?

Family member's complete ISA portfolio still missing and obviously unable to trade anything!
  • bowlhead99
    bowlhead99 Posts: 12,295 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Post of the Month
    Options
    Was that an ISA or trading account?

Family member's complete ISA portfolio still missing and obviously unable to trade anything!

It was an unwrapped trading account (legacy TD); I still have a second unwrapped legacy TD trading account which is linked to my legacy TD ISA, have not started the move process on those but may do so soon.

I think I can't justify the fees on either of the remaining accounts as they are both relatively low after a property purchase, but the trading functionality is better than most rivals (lots of markets, extended settlement, multicurrency cash etc). I recently liquidated a holding of Tencent shares with no intention of going back in any time soon which means I no longer need to look out for a rival that offers cheap HK dealing.
  • System
    Options
    My shares left my TD ISA yesterday afternoon and appeared in my IG ISA this morning. Except that a number of shares from a recent automatic dividend reinvestment worth about £300 are still in my TD ISA. How difficult is it for TD/ii to check that all the shares have been transferred?
  • EdGasketTheSecond
    Options
    How long is a reasonable time to be left with no shares in either account? Been over a week now; no response from ii; x-o say they will notify when complete.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure