PPI Reclaiming discussion Part III

Comments

• marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Just had a reply from Lloyds and it says...

The FOS have under the ref. number **** referred your complaint to us and it appears to relate to an insurance policy underwritten at Lloyds of London. It appears that you have not exhausted the complaints procedure as set out in the policy.

We have therefore passed details of the complaint to the senior representative for the underwriters in question (the insurer), in accordance with our usual procedures in the hope that this will enable the matter to be amicably resolved. You should receive a response from the Insurer within 14 days of the this letter. (being 23rd December)

Blah Blah Blah...
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    marshallka wrote: »
    Just had a reply from Lloyds and it says...

The FOS have under the ref. number **** referred your complaint to us and it appears to relate to an insurance policy underwritten at Lloyds of London. It appears that you have not exhausted the complaints procedure as set out in the policy.

We have therefore passed details of the complaint to the senior representative for the underwriters in question (the insurer), in accordance with our usual procedures in the hope that this will enable the matter to be amicably resolved. You should receive a response from the Insurer within 14 days of the this letter. (being 23rd December)

Blah Blah Blah...

Helloooooooo
    Wow that was a quick response from these......:eek: wow, well lets hope they get this sorted out in your favour then Marshallka hunni, fingers crossed for you.:A ;) . xx
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • di3004
    I feel like a wet rag this morning, okay half soaked then......:o , nothing different to any other day really pmsl....:o :D .

Have that horrible bloaty feeling and could not get myself to finish the last ends of the shopping, so my youngest has plucked up the courage to go with hubby with my little list lol.....:D .

Postie been, not a great deal arrived through the post really,another xmas card, but no exciting news.....:rolleyes: .
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    di3004 wrote: »
    Helloooooooo
    Wow that was a quick response from these......:eek: wow, well lets hope they get this sorted out in your favour then Marshallka hunni, fingers crossed for you.:A ;) . xx
    Doubt it Di but I just hope the Ombudsman Service will then look into this and see it as unfair. I found that little bit from that complaint that was upheld and it seems that they do find these unfair under Unfair Terms in Contracts.
  • di3004
    marshallka wrote: »
    Doubt it Di but I just hope the Ombudsman Service will then look into this and see it as unfair. I found that little bit from that complaint that was upheld and it seems that they do find these unfair under Unfair Terms in Contracts.

I certainly hope the FOS see it this way as well, because in my opinion yes it is unfair.
    I know you won't settle now until this is sorted out, and it will always be on the back of your mind, so I just pray now it will go in your favour here, you've had enough knock backs with this one.:confused:
  • nembot
    nembot Posts: 1,234 Forumite
    Hello again,

After a suprisingly easy claim with HFC, Egg and Barclaycard are putting up quite a fight. Egg sent the original loan documentation which doesn't include any information on the original application regarding the insurance apart from a single figure of approx £1034. They said additional documentation was supplied at the time and to their knowledge it was not mis-sold. However, I believe Egg used a pre-ticked PPI box until recently for online applications and the mention of their phone staff having no knowledge of insurance products and therefore cannot advise accordingly over the phone appears to be clutching at straws.

Think this should do for the second letter, but any suggestions would be welcome.

Barclaycard isn't quite the same battle, their denial of mis-selling the insurance was rather flimsy and I expect to have this claim upheld after the next letter.
  • dreamer33
    dreamer33 Posts: 1,475 Forumite
    Hi everyone

Just an update received a final response from FF today stating exhausted complaints process and they have no intention of further corresponding regarding the matter.

Called them foaming saying that they have not answered one single question in my complaints letters, would not hang up until they said would have a look.

Told them I have unanswered questions that I want answers to.

Called FOS to explain wrote a complaint letter and they have not answered any questions "WHAT A WASTE OF TIME" they said because loan 2004 could not look at it, I told them that my complaint letter has not been answered and that is what I am complaining about TOTAL WASTE OF TIME would not look at it, :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

It now appears I have to go to court or I may use one of those no win no fee companies, I know you have to pay a % but I don't care.

Hope everyone is fine.

FP eventually sent call recordings lol have not listened to them yet, just can't be bothered.

Gonna be a busy start to 2009 for us I think. xxxxxx
    :wave:
  • di3004
    nembot wrote: »
    Hello again,

After a suprisingly easy claim with HFC, Egg and Barclaycard are putting up quite a fight. Egg sent the original loan documentation which doesn't include any information on the original application regarding the insurance apart from a single figure of approx £1034. They said additional documentation was supplied at the time and to their knowledge it was not mis-sold. However, I believe Egg used a pre-ticked PPI box until recently for online applications and the mention of their phone staff having no knowledge of insurance products and therefore cannot advise accordingly over the phone appears to be clutching at straws.

Think this should do for the second letter, but any suggestions would be welcome.

Barclaycard isn't quite the same battle, their denial of mis-selling the insurance was rather flimsy and I expect to have this claim upheld after the next letter.

Hi there hun

So this is the first letter then I take it.

When you write back, just tell them you are not satisfied with their response and you will have no option but to take this to the FOS if they do not upheld this in your favour as you strongly believe you were mis-sold again due to your own reasons.
    As soon as you receive the final response they should also enclose a leaflet about the financial ombudsman service and then take it from there.

Good luck hunni and hope they give in this time round, let us know how you go, I think there may also be a letter template too on Martin's link of reclaiming £1,000's check that out but obviously try to keep it in your own words as much as you possibly can.;)

All the best for Christmas and lets hope 2009 will bring the news you want to hear.:beer: :D;) .

Di
    x
  • di3004
    dreamer33 wrote: »
    Hi everyone

Just an update received a final response from FF today stating exhausted complaints process and they have no intention of further corresponding regarding the matter.

Called them foaming saying that they have not answered one single question in my complaints letters, would not hang up until they said would have a look.

Told them I have unanswered questions that I want answers to.

Called FOS to explain wrote a complaint letter and they have not answered any questions "WHAT A WASTE OF TIME" they said because loan 2004 could not look at it, I told them that my complaint letter has not been answered and that is what I am complaining about TOTAL WASTE OF TIME would not look at it, :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

It now appears I have to go to court or I may use one of those no win no fee companies, I know you have to pay a % but I don't care.

Hope everyone is fine.

FP eventually sent call recordings lol have not listened to them yet, just can't be bothered.

Gonna be a busy start to 2009 for us I think. xxxxxx

Hiya dreamer hunni, hope your are well and ready for xmas.:A ;) .

I am so sorry to hear of this and it seems to me they know they can get out of it as they were not covered/regulated and that is why I think these firms tend to fob people off.

But if court is the last option, I do wish you luck here, I do not know the actual procedures of the courts as I have not been that direction myself before, but I do hear that its not that bad.;)

You go for what you think is best hun and keep at them, I am with mine no matter what it takes and just like Marshallka too who is still fighting her's as well.:T

I would start afresh in the new year and hope 2009 brings better news for you and for us all here.:A

Hope your okay hunni and you have a lovely Christmas.:beer: :j :D;) :A .

Di
    xx
  • di3004
    Off to do the xmas log, catch you later folks, hope you'll all get the chance to come on for a natter later, even though I do understand its a busy time for all
    :D :beer: :j :beer: ;) xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family