CMS Payments, what effects them?

Hi,

The CMS have been in touch about a case between myself and my ex. She wants to move the case to them instead of sorting something out between ourselves, therefore prompting an income review on my part.

I have had a pay rise in the last year, but I have also a significant mortgage and other financial commitments (loans for example).

My question is will they take my mortgage and other commitments into consideration, or just expect me to pay according to my gross weekly salary as outlined on the Government Website?

Thanks.

Comments

• MataNui
    MataNui Posts: 1,075 Forumite
    CMS is gross weekly. Old CSA would take into account Mortgage and other things.

There is a calculator on the CMS website you can use to get an idea of your liability.
  • samo8076
    samo8076 Posts: 205 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    MataNui wrote: »
    CMS is gross weekly. Old CSA would take into account Mortgage and other things.

There is a calculator on the CMS website you can use to get an idea of your liability.

just found it. This is scandalous. After receiving letters from the CSA explaining they were closing/moving my case, they asked me how I wanted to proceed with future payments which I said I would like to arrange direct payments on a mutual agreement with the mother, however, she has opened the case with the CMS, which now seems to have forced my hand. I only last week received a letter from the CSA asking me for my bank details and contact details for the mother to discuss with me.

What on earth do I do??
  • Guest101
    Guest101 Posts: 15,764 Forumite
    samo8076 wrote: »
    just found it. This is scandalous. After receiving letters from the CSA explaining they were closing/moving my case, they asked me how I wanted to proceed with future payments which I said I would like to arrange direct payments on a mutual agreement with the mother, however, she has opened the case with the CMS, which now seems to have forced my hand. I only last week received a letter from the CSA asking me for my bank details and contact details for the mother to discuss with me.

What on earth do I do??

Well pay what you should?

Clearly you couldn't mutually agree because you are trying to pay below the MINIMUM....
  • samo8076
    Guest101 wrote: »
    Well pay what you should?

Clearly you couldn't mutually agree because you are trying to pay below the MINIMUM....

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I wanted to come to a mutual agreement and going through the CSA suggested that was going to be the case, but to have the CMS forced upon me without a reason is unfair.

I have ALWAYS paid on time EVERY time and what the correct amount should be.

I will of course pay the adjusted reviewed amount, but like i said, i have more outgoings now than before the pay rise, so in essence, i will be left with no disposable income.
  • Guest101
    samo8076 wrote: »
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I wanted to come to a mutual agreement and going through the CSA suggested that was going to be the case, but to have the CMS forced upon me without a reason is unfair.

I have ALWAYS paid on time EVERY time and what the correct amount should be.

I will of course pay the adjusted reviewed amount, but like i said, i have more outgoings now than before the pay rise, so in essence, i will be left with no disposable income.

The reason is two fold:
    1: you couldn't mutually agree
    2: what you were suggesting was below the MINIMUM required.

as to your other problem, if you cant afford it, sell up, move into rented accommodation and make it work. You cant have more outgoings than before unless you over extended yourself, and that's not your child(ren)s fault is it?
  • samo8076
    I have tried to get in touch with the mother through CSA but she has not responded.

The problem is going from net to gross
  • MataNui
    MataNui Posts: 1,075 Forumite
    Depending what scheme you were originally on the difference can be eye watering to say the least.
  • samo8076
    Well yes it is.
  • Guest101
    It's simple, can you afford to pay according to the minimum amounts set by CMS?
  • samo8076
    Nope I can't
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business