The Happiness Fund.

Comments

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hi Elona that is fabulous. OMG the kitchen is nearly ready it is such an important room in the house and will make you feel really good. Well done on unpacking, it is good to unpack as we forget what we have that might be useful.

Tomorrow I will sort out my old tshirts and gym clothes (I haven't been for 10 years) and there is no way I can fit into them so they will go into a charity pile. I love decluttering.

This is going to be a holiday on the cheap!!!! I will also pop into work tomorrow morning for meetings and then am free from 12. Yay.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    While packing to move in February I started off organised and neat and labelling everything - in the last day or two everything got hurled into a box willy nilly. There has been so much building work done the boxes have been shuttled all over the place so I am trying to empty the conservatory first then start on the inside garage boxes.

I intend to be ruthless so only keep what I love or will use. Everything else will be offered to DDs and then given away to someone who can use and enjoy it. I don't want to be greedy and hoard stuff even unconsciously and want to be able to find what I have easily so it can be used and enjoyed.

I got a real buzz from finding someone loved and will use an old but pretty teaset or was enjoying some books or dvds . It feels like creating space for me , avoiding landfill, recycling, tidying and doing a good turn all in one. :D
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • Time to hit Google and see if there's any free/cheap events going on locally to where you're staying savingwannabe, this time of year you get open gardens and artists galleries and village fetes and things that are nice to have a little potter around without needing to spend £15 on tickets and then another £15 on overpriced food that was bought from Waitrose and has been out in the sun since dawn XD
  • savingwannabe
    edited 11 July 2016 at 6:14PM
    Elona you sound really methodical. I love the fact that you have sort outs. I do them too all the time. Nothing better in the summer than having a good sort.

BB I am going to check out loads of freebee things. I will be in Lymington with the boys in a few days and we will do plenty there. The marina is free and amazing. I can't wait.

Today the weather was great. I did some walking after work. Then did two lots of clothes washing, everything is drying nicely as weather is glorious. Now I am having a great clothes sort for charity and have filled a bag with clothes. Operation de-clutter is well in hand.

Why is it that as soon as you start to clean you create more mess? To do in the near future:

[STRIKE]Plenty of ironing due to overzealous washing!
    [/STRIKE]The kitchen needs to be decluttered.
    [STRIKE]I need to visit supermarket for a food shop
    [/STRIKE]To unpack the 5 work bags
    Two schemes of work to write
    Two subject files to sort
    [STRIKE]To buy feed and weed[/STRIKE]
  • savingwannabe
    This tidying up really is a Pandora's box, I have done my ironing and all washing and scrubbed bathroom from top to bottom. Some of the kitchen is done.

In the process, I have murdered the vacuum cleaner why do I always hoover up bits of card when I know they will block the Miele???????? It is on the floor in the kitchen resembling the dying fly from Tizwas. I have taken it apart like a blooming rubix cube but still can't find where I have blocked it. Yikes. I vacuum about 4 times a week I wont be able to cope if I can't get it started. Balls.

I have had so many low blood sugars. Keep drinking Lucozade. Am supposed to buy fish and chips for gang who come back from Scotland tonight but am too kernackered to leave house. Off to sleep.

House does look a bit tidy. Sleepipoos calls.
  • savingwannabe
    I spent a fantastic day in Olympia at a food show for people who are food intolerant. We tried lots of samples of new foods and had a great time. I have come home with bag fulls of things.

We had Sunday in Lymington and we did lots of food shopping. Healthy things as I have the boys encouraged me to weigh myself. I am officially an elephant 9stone 11 pounds. OMG. No wonder nothing fits. I will be healthy

I have cleaned out my outside dustbin and also done 3 loads of washing. I ordered a cute pink jacket from fleabay for a bargain price of £15 instead of £250. I have fed and weeded the garden and am just waiting for it to rain.

I have to order the bit for my hoover that doesn't work. Bless Steve he has lent me his spare vacuum cleaner as I am having withdrawal symptoms without mine. I am off to vacuum now. I keep tidying whenever I feel like it. I am v happy. Yesterday I washed Susan's car and my windows when we got back from the New Forest.

We are going to the Farnborough Air Show on Saturday and I am going to Chichester for lunch with friends tomorrow.I love the hols. Wish it were like this all the time.
  • savingwannabe
    edited 12 July 2016 at 8:27PM
    Jobs left to do in hols:

I felt really queasy this morning so had to cancel Chichester. Instead I slept for most of the afternoon and then did housework gently.

[STRIKE]To unpack the 5 work bags
    [/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Tidy kitchen and make it clutter free
    [/STRIKE]

Jobs left to do:

Paint outside fence
    Paint front of house
    Two subject files to sort
    Lesson plans to write for a whole year! for two subjects
    Put up garden swing seat
    Tidy folders in storage room
    Walk as much as possible to lose weight.
  • savingwannabe
    Yesterday I was ill (low blood sugars) and did a bit of housework and slept and I went to Chichester today and had a great time lunching with friends in their glorious garden and at a nearby beach. Tommorrow I will go to Lymington to see the boys and have fun and hopefully plenty of walking. I hope the weather stays lovely.

Yay for the summer.
  • savingwannabe
    edited 18 July 2016 at 3:05PM
    The weekend was great after spending Friday with the boys in Lymington and stocking up on showerwash for 90p and paint brushes from the poundshop - I love being cheap!!!!!!

Then on Saturday we went to Jude246's house. We were made so welcome, her whole family was great. The day was enchanting we sat in the lovely garden (she has a hot tub for her illness) and watched the planes and had a great barbeque curtesy of Steve and Andy who were fabulous. I have made a good friend and can completely understand why the boys love her and her family.

On Sunday I rested after I came home and started washing. We are finally having a heatwave and it is glorious. I have just finished mowing the grass it has taken all day as it is 26 C outside.

I really am having a lovely holiday. I will start to work from Wednesday as then I will have been holiday for two weeks and can feel myself being relaxed. It is so good to wake up thinking I don't have to prepare any lesson notes or do any marking. I will continue with tidying for the next three days I don't have much left to be honest. But I feel soooo content. You can have a lovely holiday without spending much money I am so glad. Yay.
  • savingwannabe
    edited 23 July 2016 at 1:49PM
    What a glorious heatwave we are having. I am not stuck in Dover waiting for a ferry i am here in glorious Hampshire having a lovely time in the sun.

Just finished painting the fence at the front of my house. It took 3 hours and i have enjoyed doing it. What a lovely way to de-stress!!!!

Jobs in hols update:
    [STRIKE]Paint wall at front of house[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Walk as much as possible to lose weight.[/STRIKE] I am jogging everyday and loving it. :j:D:beer:[STRIKE]
    Put up garden swing seat [/STRIKE](job for the builder)

To do still:
    Tidy folders in storage room -started this week!:D
    Paint front of house
    Two subject files to sort at work
    Lesson plans to write for a whole year! for two subjects
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income