Socks for a teenager

wilson1973
wilson1973 Posts: 420 Forumite
edited 13 February 2018 at 5:54PM in Shop but don't drop
Can anyone tell me from their own experience where the best place to buy school socks for a 15 year old boy in dark colours that are decent quality but a reasonable price,I had been buying them on offer from the mountain warehouse but the school now wants only black or grey so that source is no good now,he would like them to be quite thick,he is a size 9,I'm on a budget as I'm a carer and I have my son half of the time,so if I can find a place that sells at a good price I can buy a hoard of them,many thanks
I'm a non driver from a small town,so online shopping will have to be the thing

Comments

• DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    I would suggest Go Outdoors, but I think the colour is going to be a limiting factor.

I've been chivvying the last son still in school uniform to stay in thin ASDA school socks until he hits sixth form & the sartorial bets are off. Those I buy by the multipack handful & if he's cold, he wears two pairs.

The usual caveat about them changing colour to multiple unmatchable shades of grey with machine washing holds!
  • I would suggest Go Outdoors, but I think the colour is going to be a limiting factor.

I've been chivvying the last son still in school uniform to stay in thin ASDA school socks until he hits sixth form & the sartorial bets are off. Those I buy by the multipack handful & if he's cold, he wears two pairs.

The usual caveat about them changing colour to multiple unmatchable shades of grey with machine washing holds!
    Thanks it's awkward keeping a boy happy,the multi packs were a pain as all of the colours aren't suitable,I wish they did 7 thick pairs at a good price,half of them end up being lost at his mums anyway
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,895 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • I buy from Sports Direct for my teenager. They're cheap, but last well enough, and they wash ok. I usually buy black, but he does have a few pairs of grey.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Sports Direct and Primark multi packs.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business