IB to ESA migration payment messed up

Options
I recently transferred over to ESA from incapacity benefit. First ESA payment was due yesterday. I didnt get a payment. They called me back today to tell me its been sent to an account which i told them has been closed for years. How can they mess this up? My incapacity benefit was paid into my normal account why didnt they continue with this account?
They tell me they sent a form last week to ask if the account details are correct, i told them i dont deal with my paperwork so wouldnt have that letter and need extra time notifications they know this (a weeks letter notification asking whether my bank details are correct is not appropriate). I also called them last week to ask to be changed to income related ESA and how long i have been put in support group so they could have asked if my bank details were correct then but they didnt.
Now i have to chase the bank to return the payment and ESA wont pay me until the bank return the payment.
I am not in the wrong. How can they change my bank details without me telling them to?
What are my options if the bank doesnt return the payment? will i not get paid the ESA?
Im so stressed out. I dont need to deal with this.

Comments

• TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,479 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Only just transferred from Incapacity Benefit? The transfer to ESA was supposedly completed some years ago. Do you mean you have gone from Contribution based ESA to Income Related?
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,950 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    TELLIT01 wrote: »
    Only just transferred from Incapacity Benefit? The transfer to ESA was supposedly completed some years ago. Do you mean you have gone from Contribution based ESA to Income Related?
    That's exactly what i thought and was totally confused when i read the post.
  • ANNOYED1
    Options
    No i only just transferred over, my assessment was mid last year and only got the letter dated a couple weeks ago telling me i have been transferred over to ESA.
    I need to be on income based but they didnt send the form over aswell so just got of the phone to them and they will send the form over.
    They put old bank details for me that havent been used for years.
    The phone call just now said they would be payment into my account soon.
    They have messed up my benefits alot always sending letters to wrong address and canceling the assessments.
    I am probably the last person be to transferred over.
    Lets hope the payment goes in OK. Its just a nightmare dealing with DWP.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure