ESA Tribunal Again?

13»

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    SaveMeDo wrote: »
    Update

Phoned DWP, 20 min wait, but who cares when it's free!

Yes, I've been kept in Support Group, recommend re assessment 18 months.

I suspect I won't be sent for, for 3 years?

https://dpac.uk.net/2017/12/new-dwp-freephone-numbers-no-uc-number/

I used the Benefit enquiry line 08001690310.

So that's it, I expected this thread to run and run, but it seems the DWP do sometimes get it right.

BTW sorry for all the typo's and mistakes in my posts above.

And thanks for helping.
    Great News. I wouldn't count on it being 3 years, but if you're lucky it could be.
  • SaveMeDo
    SaveMeDo Posts: 279 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hi Poppy

Yeah, I'm over the moon.

If they do leave my re assessment 3 years, which they did last time, I'll be 65 anyway. Assuming that I'm spared that long!

Can't see a Tribunal failing me at 65, but we will see.
  • Hi all.
    Totally new to this forum. Without giving away too much personal information. I had been on contribution based Incapacity Benefit since 2009, then transferred to Support group ESA in 2013. Recently failed WCA and had money stopped. Have gone through the reconsideration process, but still failed, so now just started tribunal proceedings which look like they will take a long time. Had 3 confusing letters today advising on changes to benefits. Letter 1 says you cannot have ESA because of failing WCA. The next 2 letters acknowledge that I am in the appeals process, but cannot claim ESA because of no NI contributions in 2011 and 2012. That cannot be right as I was on IB throughout that time so would have been credited stamp. Totally confused and fed up. Had enough.
  • Hi all.
    Me again.
    The HMRC website clearly shows that all of my NI contributions are up to date with no gaps, so where do DWP get there information. Have they altered the computer systems? Confused.
  • pmlindyloo
    pmlindyloo Posts: 13,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 23 February 2019 at 1:01PM
    In_a_Tizz wrote: »
    Hi all.
    Totally new to this forum. Without giving away too much personal information. I had been on contribution based Incapacity Benefit since 2009, then transferred to Support group ESA in 2013. Recently failed WCA and had money stopped. Have gone through the reconsideration process, but still failed, so now just started tribunal proceedings which look like they will take a long time. Had 3 confusing letters today advising on changes to benefits. Letter 1 says you cannot have ESA because of failing WCA. The next 2 letters acknowledge that I am in the appeals process, but cannot claim ESA because of no NI contributions in 2011 and 2012. That cannot be right as I was on IB throughout that time so would have been credited stamp. Totally confused and fed up. Had enough.

Can you please copy and paste your post and start a new thread. This will make it easier for people to see it and answer.

New thread button is blue on the top of the benefits and tax credits forum.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure