Best Sim Only Deals (MEGATHREAD)

Comments

• Just signed up to Virgin Mobile.

5000 minutes
    Unlimited texts
    20gb of data
    Data rolls over for one month if not used.

£15 a month

30 day rolling

Uses EE signal. 4G.
  • trinidadone
    trinidadone Posts: 3,337
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    craigr98 wrote: »
    Just signed up to Virgin Mobile.

5000 minutes
    Unlimited texts
    20gb of data
    Data rolls over for one month if not used.

£15 a month

30 day rolling

Uses EE signal. 4G.

Do you really need 20GB of data?
    Trinidad - The hottest place to go
  • Nope. Does anyone? I'm currently paying £14.95 for 3G. Unlimited minutes and texts and 6GB of data from Plusnet. So for nearly the same amount of money I believe I am getting a better deal.
  • trinidadone
    trinidadone Posts: 3,337
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Nope. Does anyone? I'm currently paying £14.95 for 3G. Unlimited minutes and texts and 6GB of data from Plusnet. So for nearly the same amount of money I believe I am getting a better deal.

I think that deal sounds alot to be honest. Im paying:

4000 minutes
    unlimited text
    6gb

£10 quid, more than enough for me
    Trinidad - The hottest place to go
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 21 February 2017 at 10:58PM
    Nope. Does anyone? I'm currently paying £14.95 for 3G. Unlimited minutes and texts and 6GB of data from Plusnet. So for nearly the same amount of money I believe I am getting a better deal.

It's not a better deal if you won't use more than 6GB though. In fact it's a worse deal as you are paying more (5p, but it's still more!) for something you don't actually need. May have been a better option to haggle and get your current deal down to around £10.

However it's worth it if you ever came close to 6GB a month as the charges for going over your allowance were probably crazy!

Each to their own though, and the important thing is you are happy with whatever deal you have got.
  • I am and can't wait to start using it. Although don't understand why it takes 5 to 7 working days to send the SIM out.:mad:
  • diamonds
    diamonds Posts: 6,048
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    RavingMad wrote: »
    If you're an existing Plusnet broadband customer, you get double the data allowance. So for £10, you get 4gb,1500 mins and unlimited text. I've gone for the next package up; 8gb and unlimited everything else for £15 on a 30 day contract.
    So if you are on 4GB for £10 can you get 8GB for broadband ?
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • diamonds
    diamonds Posts: 6,048
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    RavingMad wrote: »
    Having read about Plusnet's porting problems, I was really impressed that my number transferred over in one day! I went through their texting service for porting and less than 24 hours later it was done.

Excellent service

Text Port ? more info please :)
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • Hi there, just wondering if anyone can offer me any advice. What do you find the best value mobile phone package for calls to Ireland?

I have been here a number of years and have had a pay as you go O2 phone, which is more than adequate, especially as I have some type of international add on which gives me 1p calls to Irish landlines and 5p calls to mobiles. (I think I paid one off fee years ago, its doesnt cost me anything additional per month!)

However, since I have upgraded my phone to 4G the bloody thing is milking the data allowance, meaning I am consuming £20 / £25 per month. I really want to get it back down to £12-£15 if I can.

I have looked at o2 / Virgin / Talk mobile but their international calls are up on 60p per min, which is a no go really. I know I can call on whatsapp etc for free but the parents arent fully up to speed with that and the west of ireland coverage isnt the best!!
    Any advice?
  • AG47
    AG47 Posts: 1,618 Forumite
    What is the best non contract payg sim only deal?

Which gives the most data and calls for free every time you top up?
    Nothing has been fixed since 2008, it was just pushed into the future
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport