Taking it slowly, but doing it well.

Comments

• Fantastic goal achievements for August :T

You will totally smash September targets too.

Love the house colouring idea.

I did something similar for my running goals. Come to think of it it really was a good motivator, must do it again as I really need to get exercising again.
    My LBM May 2017, DH LBM July 2017- Total Debt (not Including Mortgage) £46444.23 :eek:
    £40773.61 /£46444.23 87.8% paid
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Hi, just read your whole diary through and wanted to wish you all the best with it :)

What did you decide to do about the cleaner? I don't think £10 ph is excessively cheap, I'm in London and have friends who are cleaners who charge between £9-13 ph (depending on the client, they are often softies and charge the elderly less!) either way you should be getting what you are paying for.

On another note £100pm equates to an awful lot of surveys ;)

Anyway all the best!
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • newgirly wrote: »
    Hi, just read your whole diary through and wanted to wish you all the best with it :)

What did you decide to do about the cleaner? I don't think £10 ph is excessively cheap, I'm in London and have friends who are cleaners who charge between £9-13 ph (depending on the client, they are often softies and charge the elderly less!) either way you should be getting what you are paying for.

On another note £100pm equates to an awful lot of surveys ;)

Anyway all the best!

Thank you for dropping by and well done for wading through all my drivel, brevity is not a strength of mine.

We're sticking with the cleaner for the regular cleans, but not the deep cleans, by saving the 'extra' from a 4 week month and when she doesn't come due to family circumstances we'll pay a more commercial company to do a deep clean. So far there's £120 in the pot, but I need to declutter first, great motivation.

The 'survey' pot is surveys, roaml3r tasks, shopm1um cash back and other incidental 'earnings' it's been a slow week on the survey front, but VO has gone a bit crazy this evening.

Wish
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Mummy_bear wrote: »
    Fantastic goal achievements for August :T

You will totally smash September targets too.

Love the house colouring idea.

I did something similar for my running goals. Come to think of it it really was a good motivator, must do it again as I really need to get exercising again.

Thank you, if the rest of the year carries on like August, I may make my blocks £400 each, still do 100 of them, but colour in a big block to start with. I really want this mortgage gone.
  • Good luck with your September goals Wish, you have done amazing in your first month, to say you've been out of practice!

Thank you, it is practice and mindset, I just need to find a good balance, it felt like a full time job in the supermarket today, checking my supermarket for what I was buying there, sorting out what I wanted from the Shopm1um list and seeing if I could do any Roaml3r tasks, checking for ys meat. Then scanning products and photographing recipes at home, updating ynab. Think I went a bit crazy today. But, it will be worth it when this mortgage is history (I'm not thinking about the fact we'll probably take out an even bigger mortgage after this. )
  • This morning was the first of the month money shuffle, the biggest bills were paid and the left overs from the pots added to the mop pot. Friend repaid me for the suit dry cleaning, so used the odd £s to buy a coffee while out with friends today and the £10 went to the mop pot.

This afternoon was food shopping, it was a bit crazy as I was juggling too many things and didn't bring a £ or a trolley token so was trying to manage with a basket. Still, I managed to pick up 3x 1kg 5% fat mince meat which I portioned into 12 lots before putting in the freezer at home. I spent £51 total, but some will come back from Shopm1um.

I didn't win any coins on the receipt h0g draw this month (boo hiss) but hey, there's always next time.

I've done some mortgage number crunching (after this month's interest has been added and standard payment made. I need a mop pot of £147.11 to hit the £445 capital reduction target and £153.96 to make the resulting mortgage balance a nice round number. Therefore, I'm going to set my mop pot target at £150, an average of £5 a day - bring on the challenge.

Here are the updates for day 1

MSE SEPTEMBER GOALS

1) reduce mortgage capital by £445.00
    £17.84/£150
    2) cash out £30 on surveys/mystery shopping/cashback etc
    £2.90/£30 (Shopm1um: £2.30)
    3) 30 lots of decluttering/organising
    0/30 (but is next on my to do list)

Have a lovely evening

Wish
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Great to get a money shuffle done - I look forward to mine so much. Think I need to get out more :rotfl:
    Good luck with your September targets.
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • Noooo don't go out more pp, that costs money.
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    wishingthemortgaheaway Posts: 2,536 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 2 September 2017 at 7:06PM
    i feel like a proper :money: today, I spent last night house insurance hunting as we've had our renewal through. I couldn't get it cheaper than our renewal quote, even with cashback. This morning I rang them up saying 'is this the best you can really do?' And hey presto, discount applied, its £9 more than last year, but I think that's the rise in insurance premium tax.
    This is how it's worked financially:
    Ynab pot for house insurance: £600
    Policy cost: £224
    Mop pot:£6
    Emergency fund: £70
    Transfer to car insurance pot £300 (hubby just bought a new, posh, expensive car, insurance will go up in February, so hopefully I've managed to cover any potential short fall already.

Other than that a nsd: mooches round the house this morning. Made biscuits with Pickle (only suitable/hygienic enough for him to eat!). Then the park this afternoon and we didn't even have an ice cream.

All in all a very successful MSE day.

Sunday
    Hubby's washing: he's home tonight and off away again tomorrow. The only evidence I will have for him being here is the trail of washing and mess he'll leave me.
    Spag Bol for lunch/tea
    Decluttering task
    Rest!

MSE SEPTEMBER GOALS

£35.50/£150
    £2.90/£30 (Shopm1um: £2.90)
    1/30 I repaired the broken toys and returned them to their homes.

Have a lovely evening

Wish
  • Another nsd today. Woop woop 2 in a row. It had the potential to be 3, until parents decided to visit and stay to tea. I don't cook when hubby is away, just nuke something from the batch cooked stash. So I'll nip the Ald1 first thing a bung a huge chicken casserole in the slow cooker so, not only will it feed us tomorrow, I'll have some to stash.

Lazy day really, hubby in the house for around 15 hours total and he did indeed leave a trail of destruction behind him. So, that's tonight's job as the cleaner is due tomorrow.

Just need Puckle to actually close his eyes and go to sleep so I can crack on.

The only other mse news is my mobile bill was generated today so I ynabed it and Tilly tidied the pot to empty it.

How's everyone's Sunday going?

Updates below.

Sunday
    Hubby's washing: he's home tonight and off away again tomorrow. The only n evidence I will have for him being here is the trail of washing and mess he'll leave me. ✅
    Spag Bol for lunch/tea ✅
    Decluttering task ✅
    Rest! ✅ (this afternoon I did, but this evening's going to be crazy now. )

Monday
    Washing urgh!!
    Prep slow cooker for tea
    Knitting

MSE SEPTEMBER GOALS

£35.77/£150
    £2.90/£30 (Shopm1um: £2.90)
    3/30 Shelves in the front room and black hole behind the tv

Have a lovely evening

Wish
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure