The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Comments

• parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    No taking control, I definitely don't want an audience while trampolining. :eek:

Dave Ramsey says the past for get out of debt you have to get 'Gazelle Intense'. Although I focus on my debt Constantly I can't say that I'm Gazelle Intense. Today I have been looking at budgets again and have come to realise I need to up my game. One of my cards has a budget/payment calculator. If I pay the minimum I will be free by 2046.........I don't bl00dy think so. After a few figure changes I could be free by October next year and save over £4000 in interest.

I JUST GOT GAZELLE INTENSE.

I have some work i have completed this morning which will bring in some extra money to throw at the debt on top of salary for the next few months.

I'm now challenging myself to pay of the credit card debts by the end of the year. To have paid off my half of the car !oan by June next year and the mortgage to be splattered by October 2020 - my 50th birthday.:eek:

Now back to Dave.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • Hi,

Sometimes life gets in the way to be so gizelle intense as DR suggests but when you pointed out the savings on the cc ..wow .. yes you go gizelle girl !!!

But remember to concentrate on one thing at a time... don't put too much pressure on yourself.

So are you gonna pay the smallest cc first?

I have the problem where I want to get rid of the debt but in the baby steps it says reach the emergency fund first. So how do you feel about that.... its hard isnt it... have £1000 in an EF or pay cc debt.... I'm still aiming for the EF but have asked DH to contribute to it as well rather than doing it all myself. It's a slow process though .. not gizelle intense at all as life is getting in the way (DD1 graduation for starters - not that she is getting in the way, its a celebration but costly!) :rotfl:

Anyway hope the weather is being nice to you and your craft is going well and you are all creative :T

Best wishes
  • parsniphead
    I really struggle takingcontrol. I know I should focus on the emergency fund and have decided to aim for £500 as I'm on a lowish wage. DR says to go for that amount so I'm happy, but I REALLY want to hit the debts hard. I'm hitting the little one first.

Oh no DS wants the tablet, back later.

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • I agree with you its hard .. you sound really focused though on hitting that credit card debt and if and I support you all the way :T

I'm also aiming for £500 for EF (my share) but ive never saved in my life so it is going to be really really challenging !

enjoy your weekend :)
  • Hi,

How's things Parsniphead? You still going strong?
  • parsniphead
    Thanks for the messages taking control. Things have not been good here. I will pop back later with an update.

• Sorry to hear that Parsniphead - stay strong xx
  • parsniphead
    Thank you Taking control, I'm trying too.

Well today is DS's first day back at school.... Year 1. It's going to be a massive change for him compared to reception and the changes here are massive too.

I'm now redundant, as of August 31st but the plans I had in place have had to change. I was planning to go full time self employed but for one reason or another I need to find some kind of job.......possibly. DH has been very, very poorly during the summer hols and I'm not sure if he will be well enough to go back to work any time soon. He is getting better but it's going to be a long road to travel.

So plans are to keep looking for a job which fits around life which is not easy with an autistic child. During this time to push to get in as much self employed work as possible to keep me from touching my redundancy payout. I'm currently still living off the final months wages but this will change at the end of the month. You never know but the time Im offered a job I may not need it, or I can go for a part time one instead.

I do have more detailed plans and I will be back later today but now it's time to drag the small person from his pit and get him ready for school.

One thing to say is this time the debt has got to go.

Back later.

• A bit of a rant but I need to get it off my chest and have no where else to go.

My son who has just started year one is being bullied by another 5 year old. What chance does he have when last year the guilty child's mum said that it's not all her sons fault as my son is as he is.

!!!!!!, he can't help being autistic. I hate this world sometimes. I wish I could escape from all this s**t.

DS's teacher from reception has been so supportive, even tonight when he is no longer in her class. Tomorrow the school are going to find out how determined a very quiet, middle aged woman can be.

I'm feeling so angry and disappointed with the society we are stuck with today. People just have no thought for others.

• lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,338 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Sorry to hear that parsniphead, that mother sounds completely oblivious!! I don't have kids but work with them, and if she can't teach him to be accepting of other's differences and needs at that age what hope has he got?! Hope you get it sorted and that your boy is okay.
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £1,805 as of 04/24
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport