Reclaim CPP article discussion

Comments

• maggy50
    maggy50 Posts: 783 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I have also had a letter from CPP quoting a policy number but no mention on which bank or credit card it was with.

There will probably be clarification in a letter further down the line.

I know I was offered this type of protection during the late 90s on a credit card account I will have to dig out statements and have a look.

Just when I thought that it would be an end in sight after PPI that it is time to shred everything but it looks like that this idea has hit the skids. :)

I know any claim before 2005 there is a different process.
    Light travels faster than sound.

This is why some people seem as bright until you hear them.
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,819 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Ive no idea when I took mine out but will wait and see when the next letter comes.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • I know my husband and I had a joint policy around 2005 and he had a policy prior to that but we have moved house since then (although we still have the accounts that we took it out through (Barclaycard and HSBC)).

I telephoned CPP today and they have told me that I need to write to get this information stating policy number (if you have it) and the addresses that you were at at the time.

They also said that I needed to send a cheque for £10.00 as a Subject Access Payment and I'm not sure if this is right or not.

Any help greatly appreciated. I never took out PPI so this is completely new to me!
  • lislarch
    lislarch Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 5 September 2013 at 12:32PM
    I've just found out about this and have been paying a CPP policy for 12 years! Can't believe I've paid out all that money for nothing and won't be included in the redress thing as it was 2001 I took it out. Surely as I've been paying it all this time I should be entitled to some compensation? Would I have to claim it myself?
    Also can i claim through the redress system for the payments I've made after 2005 up to the present?
    Thanks
  • I've been paying for ID protection with CPP since 2006. I've been expecting a letter about voting to reclaim for the mis-selling of this policy. I was therefore rather cross today to receive a letter about renewal of my policy (which is due in October) - no mention of anything else at all.
    My question is, shall I cancel the policy now? I don't want to do anything which would affect my chance to vote for the reclaim.
    All advice gratefully received.
  • I have had CPP card protection for well over 10 years, will I get compensation for the years before 2005?:cool:
  • McKneff
    lislarch wrote: »
    I've just found out about this and have been paying a CPP policy for 12 years! Can't believe I've paid out all that money for nothing and won't be included in the redress thing as it was 2001 I took it out. Surely as I've been paying it all this time I should be entitled to some compensation? Would I have to claim it myself?
    Also can i claim through the redress system for the payments I've made after 2005 up to the present?
    Thanks

But yu haven't been paying it out for nothing, you have had the service of the insurance.

It will have been on every bank statement yu have ever received, did you not notice it.
  • McKneff
    I've been paying for ID protection with CPP since 2006. I've been expecting a letter about voting to reclaim for the mis-selling of this policy. I was therefore rather cross today to receive a letter about renewal of my policy (which is due in October) - no mention of anything else at all.
    My question is, shall I cancel the policy now? I don't want to do anything which would affect my chance to vote for the reclaim.
    All advice gratefully received.

If you don't want the policy then cancel it.

Keeping it going is sending a message to them that it is okay to keep on paying it. If you see what I mean.

Cancel it in writing and ask for acknowledgement of the cancellation
  • sile001
    sile001 Posts: 94 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    I've just received a letter from CPP re compensation. They say they're going to send another letter within the next 12 weeks with the procedure on what to do. If I've read it correctly, it depends on whether there's a majority vote on repaying of moneys due - now what?
    Debt-Free as of 12th September 2017

£[STRIKE]12,000[/STRIKE] > £0

:beer::j
  • sava05
    sava05 Posts: 95 Forumite
    Hello sile001, I had the exact letter also this week. It all depends on a vote of some sort if your entitled to any compensation. Fingers crossed for us.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure