Here we go then - My Diary/Story

Comments

• Heffi1
    Heffi1 Posts: 1,291 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Ah but at least this month you had a surplus, and did not have to use credit, so that is a positive to take from this although it does seem like it all comes at once doesn't it...
    :) Been here for a long time and don't often post
  • Thanks to both of you for that, two steps forward, one step back but better than the other way around I guess! We'll get there though
  • Ok, I'm confused. £27 for a washing line?
    Our LBM: Dec 2011. DMP started: Jan 2012. Debt at LBM: £41,568

Oct 2012 = Current debt: £40,548.93
    Oct 2013 = Current debt: £39.054.70

DMP Support number 424 - Long haul number 308
  • your doing really well keep going. i know what you mean about an emergancy fund we dont have on at the moment either. i must sort that out !! xxx
    200 weeks £25,000.00 / £700
  • Well done on getting started, I think it is a good idea going for a DMP. I thought about it years ago when I first realised my debt was a problem but decided to try and manage it myself. If I'd have gone down the DMP route I'd have paid my debt several years ago and all the defaults would have gone by now. I'm now digging in and am determined to get rid once and for all.

Hope this week goes well for you!

BC
    Total Debt 21st October 2012: £11737.03, Total Paid: £0
    Consists of real debt: £5737.03 and preventing future debt fund: £6000.
    PFD is to let me have a shot at my dreams when I graduate without digging myself back into a money black hole.
  • Ok, I'm confused. £27 for a washing line?

Yes a rotary one, then the washing machine burnt out so I guess we don't need the line now! :o
  • your doing really well keep going. i know what you mean about an emergancy fund we dont have on at the moment either. i must sort that out !! xxx

Thanks, yes totally agree - unfortunately we don't have one yet, although luckily have some money left this month which will go towards the new WM
  • BlueCrayon wrote: »
    Well done on getting started, I think it is a good idea going for a DMP. I thought about it years ago when I first realised my debt was a problem but decided to try and manage it myself. If I'd have gone down the DMP route I'd have paid my debt several years ago and all the defaults would have gone by now. I'm now digging in and am determined to get rid once and for all.

Hope this week goes well for you!

BC
    If I'd been aware of the DMP a couple of years ago, I'd have gone down that route then but still better late than never, three days until creditors get paid. I'm getting quite excited by that, how sad am I!! lol
  • Holding off on the washing machine until Thursday/Friday as payday is 25th!

Bad news, one child will no longer be coming so that's £7.50 per week down the Suwannee or £30.00 a month which doesn't sound like a lot but when you need every penny it is.

The good news on that front is that he's a new starter due to start tomorrow so Mrs Wal will get to keep the deposit of one week £7.50 and as it was only decided he was starting last week the amount was not yet budgeted for! Still annoying though! :mad:
  • Walaboobah wrote: »
    Yes a rotary one, then the washing machine burnt out so I guess we don't need the line now! :o

Oic.
    Don't get a rotary one, get a basic one and attach it at both ends, would only cost about £3
    Our LBM: Dec 2011. DMP started: Jan 2012. Debt at LBM: £41,568

Oct 2012 = Current debt: £40,548.93
    Oct 2013 = Current debt: £39.054.70

DMP Support number 424 - Long haul number 308
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business