Rambling on...

Comments

• UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 2 December 2017 at 4:33PM
    Morning folks :D

Feeling a bit better this morning, which is good as I have all my usual Sunday chores to do today.
    Tomorrow, as it's the first Sunday of Advent, the tree n decs go up :xmastree::xmastree::xmastree:

It's a tradition I picked up from my Parents / family, the Saturday before the tree and decs go up the house gets a full on blitzkreig of cleaning done. Anyone else have this tradition?
    Anyway, part way through and have stopped for brekkie n a cuppa
    Washing is on and the Bathroom and Living room are done so far.

Wee list of tasks in random order;
    Blitzkreig clean of house;
    Living Room - DONE
    Bathroom - DONE
    Kitchen - DONE
    Bedroom - DONE
    Hall - DONE

Brewing;
    Set up and start off second brew batch - DONE
    Check on first brew - DONE
    Check that I have enough bottles for when they are ready (important, as they will be bottled off within a couple of days of each other and I don't want to be short...) - CHECKED

Holidays Baking
    Mince Pies to be done :D - TBD (Tomorrow)

So, erm, yeah... busy :rotfl:

Will update as day goes on
    Hope you all have good days today
    :A
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Glad you are feeling better.

My bah humbug parents used to put the tree up on Christmas eve after we had gone to bed, but I get the logic of a big clean before you put stuff up. In my case I cant actually put anything up till I declutter and clean :o
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Glad you're feeling a bit better :D

Love your to do list too :p Gotta love a list :rotfl:

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • UncannyScot
    Forumite
    Well, updated and all done or on the go...

Tomorrow, I will get the tree and decs up and then do the mince pies :D

Tandem brewing Stout and another batch of Father Hooks... The Stout will be ready to bottle off a couple of days before the Ale which gives me time to prep kit and bottles between them.
    When the Stout has been done I plan to brew the IPA and that will be all my Festive brewing done :D

The lurgy seems to be on the retreat but I am keeping going in the fight to get rid of it. Not been too bad at all today. Will have another Toddy tonight ;)

Hope everyone has been having a good day today
    :A
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,102
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Glad you feel better today. I thought I was coming down with a cold on Thursday but it didn't amount to anything - must've warded it off with red wine :)

I like to have a good pre Christmas big clean up, although waiting until the new carpets are down next week before I do it - there's stuff everywhere at the moment.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £227.29/£600 March NSD:9 March Surveys £
  • UncannyScot
    Forumite
    New name for the Father Hooks Ale from my bestie is FARTER Hooks Ale as it causes him extreme flatulence... sorry if TMI but I think it's a great new name :rotfl:
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,835
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    New name for the Father Hooks Ale from my bestie is FARTER Hooks Ale as it causes him extreme flatulence... sorry if TMI but I think it's a great new name :rotfl:

TMI but :eek::rotfl::rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • UncannyScot
    Forumite
    I met his missus and she told me that's what he calls it...
    although with what he eats, I'm not sure if it is the beer or a combination that is causing his... erm... issues
    I don't suffer from it and I have drunk a fair bit of it myself :D
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • UncannyScot
    Forumite
    Rock n Roll lifestyle here...

Peeling labels off empty homebrew bottles...

ho hum lol

First one to mention sexual frustration is right off the Christmas card list, alright?
    R.I.P. T.P.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure