No internet for a week. UPDATED #53

Comments

• Ozzuk
    Ozzuk Posts: 1,884 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Take him up to the bedroom, get a little steamy, start at the top, make sure its nice and moist, slowly start removing the top layer, deliciously revealing what is underneath. Continue slowly working your way down, pay special attention to making sure it stays wet. When you reach the bottom stand back and admire it for a moment in all its naked glory.

Then start the next wall.
  • 74jax
    74jax Posts: 7,923 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    xbrenx wrote: »
    I read that as Hubby and I are from tomorrow :rotfl:

It's a great place :)
    Sam_Fallow wrote: »
    74Jax,

regarding the book... don't read to each other, that wears thin pretty quick. I suggest once you've both read it, discuss it.

Good idea.

I'm going to look up before work the telephone numbers of our favorite restaurants (as obviously if we want to make a booking we can't use the internet to look up the number.........) and I'm going to get a print out of what's on at the cinema.

Also planning out next holiday is good as we were talking about that at the weekend. We won't be able to use the internet but we have loads of travel magazines and a world tourist book we can look through. Maybe we could visit one of those places, I think they are called travel agents...... but i'm sure they'd get sick of us as we have such off the beaten track ideas and don't like a one holiday fits all, they would probably tell us to go and look it up ourselves........
    Forty and fabulous, well that's what my cards say....
  • 74jax
    Ozzuk wrote: »
    Take him up to the bedroom, get a little steamy, start at the top, make sure its nice and moist, slowly start removing the top layer, deliciously revealing what is underneath. Continue slowly working your way down, pay special attention to making sure it stays wet. When you reach the bottom stand back and admire it for a moment in all its naked glory.

Then start the next wall.

love it, love it, love it, love it.
  • hazyjo
    hazyjo Posts: 15,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Why are you aiming to go to bed at the same time? I go up around 12.30am and my OH is in bed by 10-ish (earlier if I let him lol). It doesn't make our relationship any less strong. Actually, we sleep in separate rooms! So much nicer - we sleep so much better! I'd only consider going to bed at the same time (and in the same bed lol) if we felt we'd not had sex for months (or longer!) and were trying to get that part of it back. Actually, we do okay as we are lol!

Do you have kids? Spare cash? Have a night out! Go for dinner or to the pub. We do that reasonably often and find it's a really good time to actually sit down and chat. I often take a half day and meet him for drinks and maybe go for dinner after.

We also sit at the dining table a lot at weekends and play music on youtube (spend hours choosing stuff each - although to be fair it's more my genre (indie) than his as he'd have us listening to progressive house) and have several drinks. We go down the whole '80s route and disco and love the little lists you get on the right that suggests other songs. You go down such a rabbit hole with that - we always get fed up when we have to stop for dinner (start off saying we'll eat at 7.30pm and it often turns into 10pm as we're having such a good time). One of us usually cooks from a recipe which is also a nice thing to do. Not just a spag bol or lasagne, something we haven't actually done before. Something special.
    2023 wins: *must start comping again!*
  • bigisi
    bigisi Posts: 925 Forumite
    Why do you have to stay in? Can't you go out to the pub, a quiz night, comedy, gig, cinema etc.
  • I don't have a computer at home, or a smartphone. I struggle to fit my hobbies and commitments into my evenings; how does anyone find time to stare at telly and cat pics on the internet?
    They are an EYESORES!!!!
  • 74jax
    hazyjo wrote: »
    Why are you aiming to go to bed at the same time?

No reason, we're trying new stuff for a week, and that is one of things we don't do so thought we'd try it.

Do you have kids? Spare cash? Have a night out! Go for dinner or to the pub. We do that reasonably often and find it's a really good time to actually sit down and chat. I often take a half day and meet him for drinks and maybe go for dinner after.

DD doesn't live with us and yes spare cash, we are pretty good at meals out/ cinema etc so that's probably a given, however may be an excuse to try somewhere new rather than the places we know and like.

The post was more to get other people's ideas of what they do 'together' in an evening, as ideas really and there's been some great ones.

We also sit at the dining table a lot at weekends and play music on youtube (spend hours choosing stuff each - although to be fair it's more my genre (indie) than his as he'd have us listening to progressive house) .

I love this - although You Tube would be out due to internet and we don't have anything else to play music on...... if anything it's made me realise how much we are reliant on our internet and phones.

bigisi wrote: »
    Why do you have to stay in? Can't you go out to the pub, a quiz night, comedy, gig, cinema etc.

We don't, and I'm loving the quiz night idea :).
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Surely there can't be that much time to kill of an evening after dinner?

If we're both home our evenings are generally eat together around 7-7.30, do the dishwasher together, watch a couple of programmes that we both like that we've saved to watch together and generally being companionable, talking about our days, plans over the next week, holiday planning, shopping list on a Thursday, just general life stuff, by then it's usually bed time.

Having said that, it's not like that 7 days a week, I'm away 3-4 days at a time at least twice a month and OH work shift where sometimes he's working until 1am 6 nights in a row.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • 74jax
    Surely there can't be that much time to kill of an evening after dinner?

If we're both home our evenings are generally eat together around 7-7.30, do the dishwasher together, watch a couple of programmes that we both like that we've saved to watch together and generally being companionable, talking about our days, plans over the next week, holiday planning, shopping list on a Thursday, just general life stuff, by then it's usually bed time.

Having said that, it's not like that 7 days a week, I'm away 3-4 days at a time at least twice a month and OH work shift where sometimes he's working until 1am 6 nights in a row.

We are normally finished dinner etc by 7/7.30 too.

We don't watch TV together- we joke we don't even know why we have a TV licence...... I will stick a film on when I go to bed, and read, but as for programmes, we don't really sit and watch them. We could maybe try a box set but I wouldn't even know where to begin with them however people at work are always recommending some so I guess we have that to fall back on.

Talking about plans over the week, holidays etc is fine and seems to be what a lot have said on here, but we do that now, I'm not sure we can stretch it to every night - maybe we need to fill our sentences more ha ha ha ha.

But there's loads of ideas on here that I'm going to look at. it's strange though as to find local pub quizzes I think i'm going to need the internet.... we don't' have any in walking distance so dont' fancy driving round them all to see what night they do them :)
  • hazyjo
    hazyjo Posts: 15,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Together in an evening:

I walk in at 7.30pm. We eat around 7.45pm while watching 'enders or Corrie or something else we agree on (not much LOL). I'm on my phone and OH is on his tablet. He's in bed by 10pm-ish and I ring my mum. I'm then on the computer entering comps.

That's a normal night - but then I'm out a fair bit (twice last week, twice this week) and we usually have stuff on at weekends.

Not sure how dark your sense of humour is, but I can thoroughly recommend Breaking Bad if you can access it/buy the boxset. I'm watching it for the third time (and I suppose the fourth as we're watching the re-run of it on AMC too). Really, it's not normal. Total and utter addiction. I'm nearly on the last season (again) and already feeling antsy that I'll have finished them all again soon...
    2023 wins: *must start comping again!*
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport