Let's do this!

Comments

• Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Hi Lilith. At the moment I live by the seaside - or rather the seaside bit of the Thames Estuary. It’s not quite the beautiful rolling Atlantic breakers of Cornwall but I like it!:D

Enjoy the lull while you can with the PhD and hope you feel a lot better tomorrow.

P.S I always put beans in my cottage pie as well! Everyone I’ve served it to loves it apart from DDOH who doesn’t like beans in any form and also my dear dad when he was alive - I think it wasn’t traditional enough for him!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Lilith1980
    Lilith1980 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    That sounds lovely. A dream of mine is to live nearer the coast, at least within an hour anyway. Maybe one day :o

Thanks, I'm hoping the cold and flu tablets will keep me going :D
  • Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Never had a cat but but if anything were to happen to my pup I would be devastated (even though he is tormenting me with a squeaky toy at the minute:)).

I can recommend Receipt hog as well .. really simple & I grab my Mums & OH receipts to earn more coins and it does payout. It takes a wee while but apart from taking a pic of your receipt it’s easy & you don’t get screened out like lots of surveys .... v annoying.
  • Lilith1980
    Yeah, hubby went to the shop tonight to buy something and came back with the receipt for me ha ha! :D I now put them through Receipt Hog and Shoppix.

We have a dog too, her name is Cookie. She's a yorkie crossed with a chihuahua. She only weighs 5kg but she's full of personality. Her and Charlie were good buddies, and I'm glad to have her so I can shower her with cuddles and kisses :)

26814920_10159863925655111_704328097943968206_n.jpg?oh=bbb223654d76e417aa0abbde7e5652f5&oe=5B1CCED8
  • Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    She is gorgeous :). My pup is a Yorkie as well, they are so smart and affectionate and want to be cuddled all day :D.

Wait til you wait for your receipt even if it’s only for about £1:o
  • Lilith1980
    Aww that's sweet you have a yorkie, so does my younger brother. They're lovely sweet dogs :D
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    What a beautiful little dog Lilith!

I'm also going to research Receipt Hog now! I'm getting a bit fed up with the surveys - they take so long and half the time I can't access them on my ipad!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Lilith1980
    What a beautiful little dog Lilith!

I'm also going to research Receipt Hog now! I'm getting a bit fed up with the surveys - they take so long and half the time I can't access them on my ipad!

Thank you, she know's she beautiful as well :rotfl:

I've just put another receipt though RH. It was for petrol so I'm not sure if it accepts those. I also put it through Shoppix just in case :)
  • Lilith1980
    Evening, everyone! Thank goodness it's Friday! Unlike yesterday at work which flew by, I have been so bored today. It can be one extreme to another. I need to think of some productive things to do when work is a bit thin on the ground. I've not been there long so I know that they're easing me in gently but I like to get stuck in.

Had to fill up the car today, but that's budgeted for. Luckily I only live about half an hour from where I work so the expense of petrol isn't as bad as it could be. I used to work 1.5 hours away a few years ago :eek:

Not too much planned for the weekend. I'm looking forward to relaxing as this cold has taken it out of me a bit. I may spend a little bit on some cheap snacks so we can chill in front of the tv. Hubby works half day on a Saturday so I'll probably catch up on some surveys. I really should perhaps do a bit of cleaning lol, but come the weekend though I just can't be bothered. I'll make an effort and do some bits as I tend to find it therapeutic in a weird way.

Can't wait for next weekend as we're going to the coast for a couple of nights. We'd set aside the money but we're going to have to be careful when it comes to eating out. We definitely want to do fish and chips as we're by the sea although that can be costly these days! We won't be taking Cookie (as much as I'd like to!) as hubby said it'd be nice for us to potter and go where we like rather than trying to find places that are dog friendly. I get his point (THIS time ha ha!). I think it'll be good to clear my head anyway.

I'm on the panel for "WhatUsersDo" where you test out websites and they record your screen while you do it and talk along. I earned £5 for one test and have just done another one for £5 as well. I quite enjoy them. They're not overly long and I think I like the sound of my voice a bit too much :rotfl:

Hope everyone has some nice plans for the weekend :D
  • Uniscots97
    Uniscots97 Posts: 6,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Enjoy your chill weekend Lilith, we like cheap tortilla chip and dips as cheap snacks, or sausage rolls. All quite cheap. The dips are normally the mix of 4 which most of the supermarkets do for £1.50 (value etc range).
    CC2 = £8687.86 ([STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE] )CC1 = £0 ([STRIKE]£9983[/STRIKE] ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback