Csa fraud

I need help and advice and I don't know who to turn to. My mother has once again put in a claim for my dad to pay her £600 a month for the one out of three children they have together. My mother is married to a considerably wealthy man who owns his own business, they live in a big !!!! off 6 bedroomed house and yet she still claims that she earns no money. I have proof that she's running her own business and is clearly dealing with all the money cash in hand. She's claiming that she earns NOTHING! I don't understand how the CSA hasn't picked up on the fact that she has !!!! loads of money and she's just very greedy. I need help. I need to prove that this woman is earning enough money to look after the one child she's claiming for

Comments

• DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    The parent with care can but in a claim, even if they were euro jackpot winners.
    The PWC cannot dictate what amount is contributed.
    Claims for sometime have gone via CMS.
  • no I understand that the parent can claim. what I don't understand is how she is able to get away with false claims of earning less than she does
  • DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    no I understand that the parent can claim. what I don't understand is how she is able to get away with false claims of earning less than she does

She doesn't have to state what she earns or doesn't , no fraud is being commited, any PWC can submit a claim.
  • kimplus8
    kimplus8 Posts: 968
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    what she earns is irrelevant in child support law, she has the legal right to claim maintenance for her child.
    Saving for a house in 2025 LISA £7726/£15000 Emergency Fund £1000/£6000 No spend Year 2023
  • What your mother earns is irrelevant. The non resident parent has to make a contribution to the financial upbringing of their child and rightly so.
    Overactively underachieving for almost half a century
  • If you think your mother is hiding income, it's HMRC who might need to know, rather than CMS.

I used to be Starrystarrynight on MSE, before a log in technical glitch!
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,534
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    what I don't understand is how she is able to get away with false claims of earning less than she does

as her earnings have no part in child maintenance calculations, what is she claiming that you believe she is making false claims over?
  • thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Child maintenance is, simply, a recognition that the person who fathered a child should be responsible for contributing towards that child's upbringing. It matters not what the mother is earning, nor with whom she is living. The person who fathered a child is contributing to the upbringing of that child - not paying the mother.
  • thorsoak wrote: »
    Child maintenance is, simply, a recognition that the person who fathered a child should be responsible for contributing towards that child's upbringing. It matters not what the mother is earning, nor with whom she is living. The person who fathered a child is contributing to the upbringing of that child - not paying the mother.

Most Sexist quote of the year so far. Some non resident parents are female.
    Overactively underachieving for almost half a century
  • Under old rules, it does make a difference what income the PWC has, then if they state not income but jackpot, it would be Variation Order, maybe Appeal, lar de dar.!!!128562;
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure