Apple muncher's number crunching

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    gallygirl wrote: »
    Hope you get your house back tomorrow :eek:.
    Me too x x x

And me three!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Found a Brownie hoodie for dd for £3 - bargain. And an autumn/ spring coat for £3. A basket for wAres for 20p! Gorgeous fabric for £3. And a few other bits and bobs. Really must use up some fabrics...!

And a lovely playground play in the sunshine before the ch shops, and a good c0sta coffee afterwards.

Dd is playing with a neighbour's dgd, who is a couple of years older, so dh and I are watching a programme about ordnance survey maps.
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    You want Brownies leggings and t shirt?
    How old is she?
    Just replaced DD2's gear.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Oooh, yes please! She is about 116cm tall, age 7. Not actually joined yet, but have registered my interest online, so we are planning to start asap!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Over tea, dh said that he thought dss + gf probably weren't coming back here tonight. To which dd emitted an almighty 'Phew!!!' :rotfl:
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Hi applemuncher :D I've stalked you over here.
    My dd has given up Brownies after a couple of years, and I'm pretty sure she still has all of her stuff (unless she's swept it into a charity bag). I'm happy to send it to you if you want it.
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Was about to congratulate you then read the boiler issue. At least dd said what you were possibly thinking :rotfl:

I may try using cash for food spends next month, have done it the last fortnight to encourage us to stick to a super low budget and it has definitely made us think twice about purchases.
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Apple pm me where to send it? Looks like you will have a brownie gear avalanche!!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Proud mummy alert!
    (and no, it's not'for dd voicing what we all were thinking last night)

Dd will only eat certain foods. A 'new foods' sticker chart serves no motivational purpose and can take months/years to fill the 24 stars... Anyhow, at a party up in a local cafe, she told me she ate a gf chicken nugget, so I looked in the sainz frozen free from section yesterday and bought nuggets, yorkshires, fish fingers and sausages. And last night she had 2 nuggets and 2 yorkshires. Go dd! :T

Today we have all been up ridiculously early for a holiday day. Dh was up at 5.50 for work, I got up at 6 and then dd called out - to show she was awake too - at 6.10. Daft!

The day should entail:
    -library
    -dr check up for me
    -meet friend for coffee
    -fill up love in a box boxes
    -plan November's challenge
    -set budgets + diary commitments for nov
    -whites wash
    -washing up (ours, all ours, and left from last night just because we can...:D)
    -plan weds' visit to crawley

OK, Slugterra isn't really grabbing me today, so I'm off to hang up the washing...in the spare room...
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Aren't they funny! I have two who will eat anything and one who went for a month eating only cheese!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback