2009-goodbye debt goodbye fat!

Options

Comments

• gettingslim
    Options
    Hi Ive been on the same mission this year - to lose weight and lose debt. So far I've been using some Zero 3 capsules from http://www.naturalpharmacy.co.uk/zero3/index.html to help and I've lost about 10 pounds in the past 4 weeks. Im 15 stone now so about another 4 stone to go !!

Not doing so well on the debt reduction though started off 6700 down and am still around the 6500 now. Anyway the zero 3 is on special offer 3 packs for the price of 2 so that will help save a bit more!
  • DebtBgone_2
    Options
    wow im so encouraged by all the people out there so simular to myself! its so exciting

i know what ppl mean about weighing and paying my friend complains about been skint but then pays £5 a week to get weighed at weight watchers and doesnt even stay for the talk!:mad:

would anyone reccomend the wii fit i have a friend that has it and has never really used it but with a six month old i think it might be useful for me.

right so i want to be realistic and say 2lb a week(so wish it was 20lb!) or imagine waking up one morning and been that 9 stone 13 pound i dream of!

i suppose saving £2 is too little for every pound lost but £20 is prob pushing it for me so al have to think of something more inventive! afterall im sure most of us on here have tried a bit of everything to lose those stubborn pounds!:eek:
  • DebtBgone_2
    Options
    al have a coffee(decaf with sweetner-yum) and have a think! im thinking i need some kind of juvenile reward system for healthy fod choices and exercise to get me through! after all even taken photos of my post baby weight drop has done nothing to spur me on. i just dont seem to have the get up and go to maintain this!

THIS TIME WILL BE DIFFERENT WE ALL HAVE EACH OTHER!!!!!!!!
  • DebtBgone_2
    Options
    ELSIE-I SO DO THE SAME AS YOU, LIKE IM AWAKE NOW AND MY HUBBY AND DD ARE SLEEPING AL GET UP HAVE A COFFEE A FEW BISCUITS, PUT SOME WASHING IN DO A BIT MORE SORTING HAVE ANOTHER COFFEE THEN A FEW MORE BISUITS. THEN WHEN I GET UP IN MORNING I CAN EASILY GO ALL DAY WITHOUT HAVING ANYTHING UNTIL HUBBY COME HOME

getting slim-im a bit skeptical of pills although my hubby started using adios and lost a stone, which he looks great for in just a few weeks-i have also hardly seen him because he is always on the bloody toilet! although im keen to lose weight spending most part of the day in the bathroom when i have a 6 month old is just not an option!

kathryn-your right about the meal planning it definatley helps fight both! next week when we move into our new place im so loooking forward to cooking in our new kitchen our own kitchen that i dont have to share with my dad?(been stayin at my dads while recovering from very difficult birth and complications)

very excited this week after going back to my dads after living away for eight years has been a challenge to say the least!
  • DebtBgone_2
    Options
    ok well maybe all try and go to sleep now, or maybe al go get some more washing in while the house is quiet? hmm decisions decisions, night all thanks for writing hope to hear from you all soon!!! x DBG
  • elsie52
    elsie52 Posts: 1,902 Forumite
    Options
    Morning guys,

As you can see this is my normal time for getting up and going t work, so today is the beginning of a new era. ! Do I sound positive?... I am off to work with my usual yogurt and apple, and when I get home around 2pm, I will avoid the biscuits/cake:eek: etc and just have something sensible. As you say DebtBgone, 2lbs a week will be brilliant. I am going to put a £1 away for every llb that I lose, and with that money, I am going to treat MYSELF.:T Its not something that I usually do, but I will have my nails done and a new hair style. Create a NEW ME !! I am going to get weighed at Boots on one of their Scales and do it at the same tim every week. I think it costs 50p, its a lot better than a £5 for a club. Anyway must dash........have a good day guys.

June 2010 - 11/56 lbs Weight to lose before May 2011.

• griffam
    griffam Posts: 140 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all

Hows it going. I know how you feel DBG I just want to lose the fat!!!!! I guess I need to use the stamina though. I did come to work with such resolve. I brought my weetabix in a container and had it about 10. Dont have time in the morning with the kids and everything. Had some of last nights left over rissoto and some melon and yoghurt for lunch. Was going to have a can of diet coke when it got tough but some inconsiderate oik has opened the most yummy packet of mcvities biscuits with yoghurt topping and i tried.....really I did.......and then I tried again but OH NO it just slipped in my big gob!!!!!! Damn there goes another....and another. Why am I so weak????
    Hello Payday! How are. . Hey where are you going? . . Please don't walk out on me.
    . Come back!
  • claire1234
    Options
    hiya,

does any one else have a oh that is clueless with money?!?! lol
    mine is a nightmare . . . ive been trying to show him the soa ive done it and printed it out for him, might not be major but it does say we are minus £17 each month but then today he`s on about spending about £50 - £100 on ebay :mad:

debtbgone i would reccomend a wii fit, when i was using mine (last year ) it is great fun and made me feel a bit fitter it did show on the chart that i was loosing weight and is great fun,

been doing up the front room but i will be brave and get it back out and get weighed!
  • eternal_sunshine
    Options
    hey all, its quite nice to see a little lurker thread!

I'm pretty lucky on the debt front, i just had my overdraft (well, a student loan too, but i'm kind of ignoring it until i have to pay it as its not urgent) and luckily my boyfriend cleared it so i'm paying him back instead, meaning its interest free-hurray!

just trying to get the weight thing sorted out-i've been unemployed since i graduated from uni (boo!) and so my time is spent sitting online doing jobsearches, and filling out long boring application forms, so its hard to keep the eating under control! I've been doing weightwatchers on and off for a few years and have lost 4 stone, just another 18pounds to lose, but they're a nightmare!!!

good luck to everyone whos trying to sort out their debt and their weight-having other people in the same boat is definitely more motivating!

tlrtone-your idea for the weigh-in thing is such a fab idea! I always thought paying to get weighed was a farce, i weigh myself at home and write it down on a little chart and give myself a smiley sticker when i lose weight and a black dot when i put on! sounds childish, but its oddly motivating!
    Mortgage free wannabe #124
    Mortgage due to be cleared January 2036 / goal is 4/5/26 (40th birthday)
    Starting balance £117000 November 2010
    Balance as of 5/4/21(date decided I wanted to become mortgage free) £89426.62 / current balance £82000
    Daily interest at January 2021 £4.76
    Current daily interest £4.39

• eternal_sunshine
    Options
    griffam wrote: »
    Hi all

Hows it going. I know how you feel DBG I just want to lose the fat!!!!! I guess I need to use the stamina though. I did come to work with such resolve. I brought my weetabix in a container and had it about 10. Dont have time in the morning with the kids and everything. Had some of last nights left over rissoto and some melon and yoghurt for lunch. Was going to have a can of diet coke when it got tough but some inconsiderate oik has opened the most yummy packet of mcvities biscuits with yoghurt topping and i tried.....really I did.......and then I tried again but OH NO it just slipped in my big gob!!!!!! Damn there goes another....and another. Why am I so weak????

i HATE when your trying to lose weight and have been so good and then someone brings out temptations!! its so hard-and eatings such a social thing that it can seem odd not eating when everyone else is munching away. Don't beat yourself up when you slip up a little with your eating-its only natural, because its a really hard process, and so long as you try and keep tabs on it so one biscuit turns into a whole pack, which turns into a few days of bad eating etc, then its fine-we're all allowed our treats-i just wish healthy treats tasted like chocolate-how easy it would all be!
    Mortgage free wannabe #124
    Mortgage due to be cleared January 2036 / goal is 4/5/26 (40th birthday)
    Starting balance £117000 November 2010
    Balance as of 5/4/21(date decided I wanted to become mortgage free) £89426.62 / current balance £82000
    Daily interest at January 2021 £4.76
    Current daily interest £4.39

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family