NST March: Marching to a different beat

Comments

• I think my parents must have been pretty good with money when I was young to manage on what they did. But after years of watching every penny, from where I sit, money now burns a hole in their pockets and I find some of their priorities bizarre. I do try and set a good example...

Anyway, not an NSD. Had to pay for hospital parking as there were no free spaces. £2 *sigh*, and another £2 needed next week for a different hospital. I may have to try and do a shop to cover until April to recover my NSDs which will be difficult with hubby home. I'm sure he thinks every trip is actually an episode of Supermarket Sweep
    Lavenderbee I think medical expenses dont count as a spend.
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • LavenderBee
    LavenderBee Posts: 350 Forumite
    Oh I'm counting mine indigowarrior- if I was more organised I'd arrange my shopping for the same days. When I'm not it's because I cannot drag myself into a shop, so nsd lost! I'm going to try and plan better next month though :)
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,662
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Today I am grateful for a lovely walk up through the woods, for finding socks for dd, for finding a pair of cragh0pper trousers for me for £1, for liddle having what I wanted, for the hyacinths starting to give off their lovely perfume, for catching up with a friend on the playground, for having time to do some crafting (currently into elephants), for finding a £10 arg0s voucher to spend (have given it to dd to spend), for comfy socks, for being on the countdown to the Easter hols.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    NSD today 16/18
    Grateful for:
    It being Friday.
    Free lunch today. Was told today that I can have free lunch everyday when I am in work. Saves me making lunch and dinner each day.
    Not long until the Easter holidays.
    At the moment it seems that I will going back to temping in the school after the Easter holidays.
    Getting the list ready as to what I need to get and do tomorrow.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Not much to report today.

Will be away till Wednesday. Have a nice weekend
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • lauradora
    lauradora Posts: 1,371
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hi all,

Just checking in for the day
    Gone over food budget for the month so got to figure out where we go from here:eek:
    On a mission
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 756
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Dolly I think that sounds over the top ,to put it mildly. Like you, we don't have loads but we do as much as we can with & for the kids. after bills it is "save a bit, spend a bit" we often say that if we spent anymore it would be excessive but so would saving any more on our current budget
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,662
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Thrifty - hope all goes smoothly for you x
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hope it goes ok thrifty

No more SFDs and tomorrow wont be as it!!!8217;s the monthly shop. Got paid today and put money into all the pots. Ive been without internet and tv since Tuesday but v1rg1n media came today and I knew of the engineer!!!8217;s brother from school and he fixed and upgraded my system and gave me a few freebies and made the setup better (he said it was to compensate me for having taught his brother!) :rotfl:

Tomorrow will be cleaning, tidying and clearing out. I own too much!
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Hi all

Slept in till nearly 10 today, must have needed it & felt so much better to have caught up on sleep. Busy day, went out for lunch - postponed from last week - then visit to see kittens - gorgeous - and then back do some shopping. Then supper, then made 2 sourdough loaves & rice pud.. Did manage to fit in a bit of time in the garden - could really do with some more gravel, had 9 bags but 10 would have done it. Never mind it was a bargain price so full whack for a few extra bags will not matter.

I'm another one who had no financial steer from parents - quite the opposite, we lived from hand to mouth on a weekly basis. Mum blamed Dad - he was a smoker & had a weekly flutter, but when I grew older I realised it was a case of 6 & two threes, both as bad as each other tbh. MIL & FIL completely different, but in a way worse. Heyho we finally saw the light but it took some time & effort to get straight...MSE was our saviour.

· For the striders: still 14/18 NSDs

· Set your budgets before the challenge starts - did a fair few spends, need to update spread sheet. Will use cc statement to add up spends, badly needed.

· Be generous ; will do

· Note down Certainly need to do this, in order to get a handle on spending. Have noted down spends & will update. Have all receipts need to log . still do

· As ever, will do

· Pay towards your debt first! Do not have debt now but have been there before so am very wary. Do have a CC paid off in full every month. Will make a payment on cc today. tried to make payment but lots of error messages, double tomorrow. PAD of £12.50 to cc

· Plan. Will make list of places to go - need to have it in reserve for impromptu trips out. Still A WIP, but found another to add to the list. DH suggested another day out. list growing, another couple of ideas today. DH consulted - has ideas apparently..Want to make plans to go to Ireland, first need to sort out car but will get on with that tomorrow. Car not done yet but transferred some euros to bank a/c. No progress except euros are there to pay property tax.

Check in every day. Almost!
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure