PIP..change of circumstances request

Dandytf
Dandytf Posts: 4,795
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
Forumite
edited 24 February 2018 at 10:45AM in Benefits & tax credits
As it!!!8217;s been approx 10 months since moving to part time hours salary etc.
I!!!8217;ve been attending fortnightly hospital appts for blood test until beginning March 2018 -then mri then 8 weekly appts.
Anyway I!!!8217;ve also at last started M.S. medicines since Sept 2017-possibly for life depending on blood tests.mris!!!8217;
I!!!8217;ve requested a change of circumstances pip form-which I have received.
I want to inform dmp of points I made above and hopefully increase from 8 points lower rate mobility points to higher rate mobility -and consider possibility of stopping to work-permanently.

Is there any help on how I could answer the PIP form-it!!!8217;s not a shortened version -questions very similar to original pi form (since 2012-I have m.s. since 2010)

Thanks in advance mser!!!8217;s
Replenished CRA Reports.2015 Zoe i nav -67-131 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500.

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,846
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Dandytf wrote: »
    As it’s been approx 10 months since ,owing to part time hours salary etc.
    I’ve been attending fortnightly hospital appts for blood test until beginning March 2018 -then mri then 8 weekly appts.
    Anyway I’ve also at last started M.S. medicines since Sept 2017-possibly for life depending on blood tests.mris’
    I’ve requested a change of circumstances pip form-which I have received.
    I want to inform dmp of points I made above and hopefully increase from 8 points lower rate mobility points to higher rate mobility -and consider possibility of stopping to work-permanently.

Is there any help on how I could answer the PIP form-it’s not a shortened version -questions very similar to original pi form (since 2012-I have m.s. since 2010)

Thanks in advance mser’s
    Unfortunately no one here can tell you how to fill that form in because we don't know how your conditions affect you daily. What you need to do is write as much info as possible. You'll also need to send in evidence to support your claim because they very rarely contact anyone for evidence.

They will look at the whole award again and not just the mobility part and you could lose everything you already have. The criteria for mobility moving around part is 20 metres or less regularly reliably, without pain and discomfort. Good luck and expect another assessment because most people have these.
  • Dandytf
    Forumite
    Thanks mser!!!8217;s too late tonight for personal mentions.
    Excellent information-I!!!8217;ll certainly use a lot of the advice mentioned.
    I have until 5th march to complete and return form.
    Very surprised what counts as an aid-stool etc interesting!
    In addition I can use my medicine (which is amending immune system to zap lesions/m.s.)
    I have years of health contracts-I!!!8217;ll prop update this info to incude nurse support-though haven!!!8217;t managed to request a home visit yet as i!!!8217;m Independent when possible.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2015 Zoe i nav -67-131 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500.
  • Dandytf
    Forumite
    Not sure what to make of today's returned call from Atos in response to my recently posted change in circumstances.
    Asked a few questions which I answered.
    Told no face to face meeting required.
    What does that mean is it good news?
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,846
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Dandytf wrote: »
    Not sure what to make of today's returned call from Atos in response to my recently posted change in circumstances.
    Asked a few questions which I answered.
    Told no face to face meeting required.
    What does that mean is it good news?
    It doesn't mean anything, other than a paper based assessment has been done. You can still ring DWP to ask for a copy of the report to be sent to you, as there's still one done even though there was no assessment. Good luck.
  • Dandytf
    Forumite
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    It doesn't mean anything, other than a paper based assessment has been done. You can still ring DWP to ask for a copy of the report to be sent to you, as there's still one done even though there was no assessment. Good luck.

My concern is that I only posted new illness info support and ongoing monitoring etc..
    I had to remind the lady that the form mentioned don't re send any previous info or appointments.
    A lot of my info was recorded on my 1stpip 2012 and updated 2016 my previous change in circumstances where I did get a face to face.
    Hope Atos use all the information when making latest decision.
    As I didn't have much time other than listening to 'you will hear from us'-did I posssibly hear in upto 10 weeks for decision.maybe not sure.
  • Dandytf
    Forumite
    Dmp using text messaging
    Since my Fri afternoon call from Atos-
    Dmp text message today pip assessment has been received,
    Could hear in 4 weeks approx.
    Not bad at all-hope I made the correct decision to make this request as current award is until 2023.
  • Dandytf
    Forumite
    Paper report today in post.
    Not certain where to go if I appeal within next 28 days.
    Reasonably happy with upgrade to enhanced daily living
    Though enhanced mobility would be nice for next few months or years.
    Also there is an additional note on the written report -PIP to be reviewed every 5 years-which takes a lot of unnecessary worry of my mind.
    Think I'll continue with this pip and cancel my return to full time work.
    Thanks mser's didn't intend to post updates across multiple threads though it's great that other mser's are sharing similar experiences.
  • Dandytf
    Forumite
    Last post for this thread at least from myself
    Found a few mins to call pip today
    Upgraded daily living backdated payment this Friday +200is approx.
    New regular pip payment from 11th May.
    Taking everything into consideration, I've decided to continue working part time avoiding the temptation to return to full time permanently which would have been mainly financial gain.
    Too much noise in office-reduced hours has been amazing past year.
    As mentioned part time wage+pip+wtc -realistically should provide a nice comfy lifestyle when possible with m.s.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure