Credit check

Hi all
i have work for a company for ten year and now they want a Credit check all they workers and if I do not agreed my job maybe on the line can they do this

Comments

• Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Why do they want to credit check all of their employees? What is the nature of the work that you do?
  • I work as a HGV delivery service, the reason they want everyone to take a credit check is that customer demand it?and to cut out fraud in company ( why they need to see if I have CCJ & bankrupt I don!!!8217;t know)

It made no sense just do CRB checks what I don!!!8217;t mind. What my credit has to do with others I don!!!8217;t know and after 10 years of working with the company why now?
  • tenchy
    tenchy Posts: 486 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Credit checking HGV drivers! What an excellent example of scope creep. This is the sort of thing that should be clamped down on with legislation. Credit checking is about determining whether or not you renege on debt, not about background checking - at least that what it used to be about. Anyway, the good news is that it's unlikely to be a so-called "credit check". It's much more likely to be accessing records which are already in the public domain - CCJs and the like, but done via a credit bureau.

Don't tell me you need a DBS check for being a delivery driver!! Again, scope creep - probably. Such checks are not normally allowed in England, but the likes of Experian get around this one by approaching Disclosure Scotland, another cynical ploy to game the system.
  • Ask them why they want to do it, and maybe check with an independent advisor or solicitor
  • They want the Credit check through Experian.com and to give them authorisation to do this but I was told experience was hacked
  • I have asked them WHY and they response is security and protection for myself and they customers ???
  • You could call the Information Commisioner helpline and ask them for advice.

If you have a permanent employment contract then your employer may not be allowed to vary the terms in this way. If it was not told to you before you started the job that they would credit check then it is unfair to do it now. If you are with an agency or something like that they can make the rules up as they go along but if the credit check is not justified in the circumstances it may still be unfair.

If I were you I'd tell them to stick their job up their 1122443%rse and go work somewhere else because there is plenty driving jobs elsewhere.

If you have legal cover on your home insurance you may get a free lawyer to deal with it.

Is it your own lorry or do you borrow the lorry? Maybe other drivers keep borrowing lorrys and driving off and not bringing them back or bringing them back late?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure