Freebie Successes by Letter / Email - What have you recieved? (merged)

Comments

• Received 500 points on my Costa Loyalty card after a complaint
  • Hey guys!

I'm new to this and had a quick question.

When you guys are complimenting do you ask for samples or vouchers or do find there is more success if you don't ask?

So far I have emailed:

Doritos - Just a thank you
    Colgate - A thank you and "we do not send out money off coupons, trial sizes or samples of products in the UK".
    L'oreal- A thank you and "I am sorry that we do not have any sample stock to send to you"
    Prince- No response yet
    Rimmel - No response yet

If anyone has any tips on how to word the email's i would love to hear them as i don't think i've been very good at it.

Thanks!
  • Never ask, just compliment and if they don't mention anything, then ask. Revlon/Charlie/Mitchum coupons are easy to get!
    Motorsport Fanatic & Comper
  • DreamyP
    DreamyP Posts: 95 Forumite
    First Post
    Never ask, just compliment and if they don't mention anything, then ask. Revlon/Charlie/Mitchum coupons are easy to get!

Revlon state 'We do not have catalogs, coupons, or samples available for general distribution on their website. Maybe they changed it.
  • DreamyP
    DreamyP Posts: 95 Forumite
    First Post
    The Collective Yoghurt are amazing. I sent a compliment out earlier in the year to thank them for their products. They sent me a voucher for a free tub of yoghurt and any pouch! Then got a lovely package from them at christmas with a £1 voucher, a pen and 4 cards for the year (birthday, christmas, valentines day and one more). Amazing customer service! I'd recommend their products any day!
  • They are just amazing! £1 is the worst I've got off their yoghurts as well!
    Motorsport Fanatic & Comper
  • Hey ladies and gents,

So I am new to this forum but not to couponing and freebie hunting. I have been a couponer for about 2 years now and I love it. Even have a small stock pile of some household items, not really food products but I'm hoping to change that!

So as a mummy with 3 young children (all under 3 years old) and a step daughter I am always looking for ways to save money. I started writing to manufacturers with the hope of getting coupons or samples and I am pleased to say it has been working so I wanted to see if anyone else has tried! xx
  • I complained Emily crisp, the packet I got had very hard peas which were very difficult to eat so they sent me the same flavour and 3 other flavours to try too :)
  • I have emailed lots of companies and have lots of coupons on the way, anyone wanna know what companies?
  • I have emailed lots of companies and have lots of coupons on the way, anyone wanna know what companies?
    yes please could you share or dm me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport